does jk transfercase have overflow valve or anything like that?

JHP81

after wheeling for a bit, I looked under the jeep and found transfer oil all over the transfercase and inside of the skid plate. I wiped off the oil and unscrewed the fill hole to top off but once the cap was off, the oil started to ooze out, which to me means it's already full. After putting back the fill hole cap, I didn't really notice anymore oil dripping, at least not enough for me to see like before after driving 900 miles. So, my question is, is there some type of overfill valve on the transfer case where extra oil might of spilled out?
One other thing is that I didn't notice any dripping from the seal either....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
after wheeling for a bit, I looked under the jeep and found transfer oil all over the transfercase and inside of the skid plate. I wiped off the oil and unscrewed the fill hole to top off but once the cap was off, the oil started to ooze out, which to me means it's already full. After putting back the fill hole cap, I didn't really notice anymore oil dripping, at least not enough for me to see like before after driving 900 miles. So, my question is, is there some type of overfill valve on the transfer case where extra oil might of spilled out?
One other thing is that I didn't notice any dripping from the seal either....

Have you installed a new drive shaft recently? If so, you've got a seal leak.

Top Bottom