Tuffy overhead security console

bl17z90

I found one of these for 175. Is this a good setup for storing a cb and a good thing to secure the gear keeper to for holding the mic while on the trail?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've used one and liked it. A great way to carry a full size CB if you don't have a cage.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I wonder if I would bang my head on it.

I just installed one and it's mostly out of the way. I have only nearly hit my head on it once when bending over to reach into the passenger floor board. I'm about 5'11" so I'm sure height makes a difference.

It is a nice way to mount your CB. $175 is a good price.

Strainger

Caught the Bug
It is definitely possible to hit your head if you get too enthusiastic about "Hopping in" to your ride. Those metal corners will get your attention. Having said that, I learned real quick on the best way to get into the Jeep without getting conked.

I liked that the console is lockable and keeps the CB out of view when not in use. I had the console in my old Jeep for 5 years and really liked it.

bl17z90

being a 2 door it also might make moving my seats forward easier. I originally bought the mount for the drivers side and when I went to let my gf drive (shes 4'11) she couldn't put the seat far enough forward to reach the pedals :doh:

So I bought the other side mount and then my brother couldn't move the seat far enough forward to get in the back :doh::doh::doh:

Then I was thinking to myself this sh!t is getting old :yawn37:

NOPULP13

yes , i had it in my tj and could not run a spod thats what turned me away from it in my jk it hooked onto the footman loop i believe

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
anyone have ant pics of theres in their jeep? thinking about getting it so i can throw a CB in there and want to see how it looks with/without the CB. Thanks in advance!!

Top Bottom