Coil over question

dis_dis

Banned
So I saw someone selling a pair of RK front coil overs and it got me thinking ...
I do want to eventually upgrade to coil overs at some point and since I am a RK fan I was looking at their options, but they only have front coil overs and evo has front and rear packages.
I guess I'm trying to figure out why RK doesn't have rear coil over packages as well ... :thinking:
I also do want to get the used front ones as they are much cheaper than new but don't know what are the drawbacks of buying used if any.
And what would I do if down the road I find out I need rear ones as well, are there any issues with mix and match coil overs?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Before you bite the bullet, you should know that not all coil overs are made equally. Sure they will most likely provide good flex but, the spring rates and valving might be off enough to make your ride not as good as you would want. I personally would want to know why they are being sold. Off Road Evolution sells their brackets with tried and tested King shocks and they are worth every penny. As far as why RK doesn't have a rear set of coil overs goes, it's not easy to come out with a good setup or at least, one that doesn't require you to cut into the body.

dis_dis

Banned
He is selling it to get matching fronts and rears is what he says. It looks like I might be better off saving for an Evo front and rear ...
Would it make sense to get these fronts now and maybe rears later?

Jersey_Devil

U get a set of coilovers, ur rig is gonna be sick! Supercharged and coilovers ull be able to blast thru Wharton with us next time we go lol

dis_dis

Banned
U get a set of coilovers, ur rig is gonna be sick! Supercharged and coilovers ull be able to blast thru Wharton with us next time we go lol

yeah :)
Speaking of next time any thoughts when we might go again?
I will probably be in the area the weekend of the 13th if not earlier :)

Top Bottom