leveling kit: spacers vs coils

jijk

So I have decided to keep my 33's and just go with a teraflex 1.5 leveling kit.

My offroad driving is limited to gas lines and logging roads. Nothing hardcore just some mud. I do tow frequently. Trailer and Rhino weigh in about 2000lb.

What are the advantages of going with springs or should I save the $250 and just get the spacer kit? Also, Anything else I need to get to avoid issues in the future?

Thanks,

gtony12

Caught the Bug

My offroad driving is limited to gas lines and logging roads. Nothing hardcore just some mud. I do tow frequently. Trailer and Rhino weigh in about 2000lb.

What are the advantages of going with springs or should I save the $250 and just get the spacer kit? Also, Anything else I need to get to avoid issues in the future?

Thanks,

I would go with the spacers they work great and cost is low. Save the money and buy other mod or save for a better lift later. If you decide too.:yup::twocents:

I had spacers on the rear with coils up front and I hated them. They don't add any performance to the vehicle other than ride height, they are cheap for a reason, IMO if you are going to take apart the suspension just to add spacers you might as well do it right the first time and add coils. Just my $0 .02

jkmohican

From all the research i have done on spacers vs coils, i'll tell you this. Spacers are the way to go if you are just in need of height, but no preformance. Coils will: Add articulation, possible better off road feeling, support bumpers and other heavy weight. Me personally, im more inclined on the coils. They will be more expensive, sure, but they will be better off in the long run for your jeep than spacers. Now, if the 33's and leveling kit are only for the mean time, than i would just get spacers, but if you plan on keeping the kit for the long run, get the coils, through some Bilsteins in there, and call it a lift. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks,

You can practically run 33's without doing any lift at all. For your needs, the amount of weight you will be installing on your Jeep and how you will be using it, the coil spacers are really all you need and are what I would recommend. If you were to install new coils, you will certaily be TALLER than you need to be and the quality of your ride WILL change. Not that I'm saying that is a bad thing but, depending on what you go with, you may find that your ride will be harsher. Needless to say, if you're happy enough with what you've got going now, spacers will not change anything.

Just trying to save you some money here and help you think things through.

jijk

Thanks for the help. Just ordered the spacer kit. Think I might order a superchips with the extra cash. That should get me by until I wear out this set of 33's. At that point I should be out of warranty and can come up with my next move.

Top Bottom