148.3 KB · Views: 193
  • image-3655446420.jpg
    image-3655446420.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 202

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like your test worked :thumb:

BTW, there is no way that thing is that clean!! Holy smokes, even the heat shielding under is clean is sparkling even after being caked with Indiana mud :crazyeyes:

GCM 2

Here are some more that are a little closer.

BTW, there is no way that thing is that clean!! Holy smokes, even the heat shielding under is clean is sparkling even after being caked with Indiana mud :crazyeyes:

I will admit, one or two photos are from four years ago immediately upon return from ORE when I arrived at my home and started snapping pics of the build. The others were taken immediately after washing and have a bit of tire foam on the frame to make it look pretty. However, here are some from 7:50'ish am today after I dropped the kid off at high school (apparently its "cool" to be dropped off in my jeep in front of everyone at school). It's clean, but not that clean ;)

Attachments

• image-3197753653.jpg
    image-3197753653.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 187
  • image-3686276377.jpg
    image-3686276377.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 190
  • image-2140516452.jpg
    image-2140516452.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 196
  • image-1264423377.jpg
    image-1264423377.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 190
  • image-2289397248.jpg
    image-2289397248.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 195
  • image-3839410051.jpg
    image-3839410051.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 186

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Hey Greg, are you running an axle side TB bracket as well? So you're reducing the TB angle from both sides?

GCM 2

Hey Greg, are you running an axle side TB bracket as well? So you're reducing the TB angle from both sides?

I posted these in the PSC ram assist thread a day or two ago. You should be able to see how it's attached to the ProRock 60

Attachments

• image-3504979827.jpg
    image-3504979827.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 178
  • image-1898597248.jpg
    image-1898597248.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 183
  • image-2511634267.jpg
    image-2511634267.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 185
  • image-2774865777.jpg
    image-2774865777.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 187

Tattedfire

Picture test: trac bar drop bracket

I posted these in the PSC ram assist thread a day or two ago. You should be able to see how it's attached to the ProRock 60

Yeah seen these pics when you posted. The other pics help too! Thanks!!

Tattedfire

To answer your question yes. The TB bracket at the axle side is used with EVO's high steer system for the PR60. The bracket at the frame side drops the TB parallel with the drag link for optimal steering and handling.

LoPo

Caught the Bug

OK, yeah so you have a raised axle side bracket that's in the EVO high clearance system. Interestingly Jake @ ORE had told me at one point you don't want to combine axle side and frame side TB bracket usage. I guess you can! :thumb:

GCM 2

OK, yeah so you have a raised axle side bracket that's in the EVO high clearance system. Interestingly Jake @ ORE had told me at one point you don't want to combine axle side and frame side TB bracket usage. I guess you can! :thumb:

Normally you would not, but the EVO high steer set up is pretty robust when compared to most companies' bolt on crap. EVO does a really good job of testing, breaking, testing again, breaking another time, and testing some more, then releasing to the public when it's bomb proof. Most of the trails that Off Road Evolution test their kit on is a trail that the average wheeler would pass on because he does not think its drivable, much less a trail at all.

The underside of your Jeep is cleaner than the body on mine. How do you pull that off :thinking:

I actually enjoy cleaning all my vehicles that I have owned. It definitely helps that I live in Arizona and stay away from mud.......but every now and then I cannot avoid being involved in a mud fest :icon_crazy:

Attachments

• image-3736007621.jpg
    image-3736007621.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 163
  • image-3070320274.jpg
    image-3070320274.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 172
  • image-495671614.jpg
    image-495671614.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 164

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Normally you would not, but the EVO high steer set up is pretty robust when compared to most companies' bolt on crap. EVO does a really good job of testing, breaking, testing again, breaking another time, and testing some more, then releasing to the public when it's bomb proof. Most of the trails that Off Road Evolution test their kit on is a trail that the average wheeler would pass on because he does not think its drivable, much less a trail at all.

yeah totally understand and appreciate the EVO R&D process, I was looking at having the EVO PR44 TB bracket welded on. Not a fan of bolt-on TB brackets, that's what broke originally on my Jeep prior to replacing my axles.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug

I actually enjoy cleaning all my vehicles that I have owned. It definitely helps that I live in Arizona and stay away from mud.......but every now and then I cannot avoid being involved in a mud fest :icon_crazy:

Over the years I've found comprehensive cleaning gives me a chance to see and/or touch most everything on the underside and have found some problems that were about to bite me. There have been a couple of epic misses though.:shock:

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug

My thoughts exactly until I realized there were Nitto's is some pictures and MT/R's in others.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

You can do it but ONLY if you run a dropped pitman arm and drag link flip at the same time. If you don't, your drag link will not be parallel to your track bar and that will give you handling problems.

bl17z90

You can do it but ONLY if you run a dropped pitman arm and drag link flip at the same time. If you don't, your drag link will not be parallel to your track bar and that will give you handling problems.

What kind of handling issues would that give?

Mine are paralell even after my lift with no mods. 2.5 is usually the max you can go before you need to address it though right?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of handling issues would that give?

Mostly bump steer.

Mine are paralell even after my lift with no mods.

As they should be as you have added nothing to change their relationship to each other with the lift you installed. The only thing that would have changed with both of them is their relationship to your axle - they will now be sitting at a lightly higher angle.

2.5 is usually the max you can go before you need to address it though right?

With just 2.5"-3" of lift, no geometry correction is needed. At about 3.5" or more, the angle of your track bar and drag link will be off enough that geometry correction would something that you could benefit from.

Top Bottom