BB Lift and shock combo WTF

JCMULEY

Newbie here! I am preparing to order The Teraflex 2.5" BB for my 10 JKU Rubicon and want to replace the shocks with Bilstein 5100s. My question is i have read that they make a shock specifically valved for jeeps, who sells them and what do they call them? Also what length will i need for the BB i plan to install? I have called 2 suppliers and they tell me they don't know which shock to sell me. I Run Fire roads frequently at moderate speed and play off road in the rocks Occasionally, The smoothest ride possible on washboard fire roads is my priority I have 33" tires. Any other modifications i will need to achieve a quality ride? Flip Kit? Bump stops? etc?

Thanks,

JC

StrizzyChris

EVO tunes their King shocks in conjunction with their plush ride coils. I know poly performance also claims to tune their shocks and coils. Most companies "tune" them to work together. There are also adjustable shocks, like fox and elka, where you can dial in your preferred level of stiffness.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Newbie here! I am preparing to order The Teraflex 2.5" BB for my 10 JKU Rubicon and want to replace the shocks with Bilstein 5100s. My question is i have read that they make a shock specifically valved for jeeps, who sells them and what do they call them? Also what length will i need for the BB i plan to install? I have called 2 suppliers and they tell me they don't know which shock to sell me. I Run Fire roads frequently at moderate speed and play off road in the rocks Occasionally, The smoothest ride possible on washboard fire roads is my priority I have 33" tires. Any other modifications i will need to achieve a quality ride? Flip Kit? Bump stops? etc?

Thanks,

JC

I'm not 100% sure that Bilstein offers an specific lenght 5100 for just 2.5" of lift. If anything, it'll be somewhere close to an OE length unit. If you want something specific, I would recommend that you look at the new Rancho RS7000 as it is similar and should come in just about whatever size you want. I would contact them here on the forum for specific part numbers. Otherwise, I would contact Brian Hart at 4WD.com. He is also on this forum and he can help you with what you need.

As far as valving goes, there are some companies that have shocks valved specifically designed for the JK but, also for the specific lift hight and spring rate being used with their kit.

JCMULEY

Thanks for the replies. The more i researched it became apparent i would not be happy with the BB. Went with the 3" Stage 3 Icon.

rhodesking

I just installed the RS7000's before driving 1200 miles, huge improvement over the stockers. Def recco especially with the mail-in rebate. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367954964.882735.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367954985.671209.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367954999.641228.jpg

JCMULEY

Thanks for the reply. I ended up going with the Icon Vehicle Dynamics stage 3 kit. It achieved my objective.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK'AJUN

The Bilstein 5100's I ordered were F4-BE5-E670-H0. They're for use with 1.5 to 3 inches of lift.

White_JKU

I got the Rancho 9000XL's for my 2.5" lift... which will be upgraded to a 3" on friday. Over stock... the shocks were freaking amazing.

I especially like the adjustability of them...

JAGS

Hooked
EVO tunes their King shocks in conjunction with their plush ride coils. I know poly performance also claims to tune their shocks and coils. Most companies "tune" them to work together. There are also adjustable shocks, like fox and elka, where you can dial in your preferred level of stiffness.

Some rancho shocks are now tunable as well. I'm considering some ranchos to run with my lift.

Top Bottom