Steering Box/Sector Shaft Brace

jk12blk

For those of you running Rock Krawler's 3.5 x factor system, which sector shaft brace manufacturer did you choose?
Appears EVO, Rock Solid, Synergy and JKS are the popular choices.
I prefer not having to change out my RK front trackbar.

I'll check with RK tomorrow as well to see if they recommend a particular product.
If RK recommends a particular product, I'll respond to this post for those of you who may be interested.

In the meantime, any feedback is appreciated.

thanks,

JKbrick

To add to that inquiry, JKS braces to the opposite frame rail and Poly braces to same frame rail as steering gear box is bolted to. Which is better/stronger?

JKbrick

I misspoke, the Synergy one actually attaches to the track bar brace I believe. Is that as strong as going to the opposite frame rail the way the JKS does?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There are over 2 million JK's on the road today. How many steering boxes have you seen tearing off the frame or sector shafts breaking?

JKbrick

I just switched from a TJ to a JK and didn't know with it not overly modified if I needed to fix a weakness? Not into wasting money so thanks for the information.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just switched from a TJ to a JK and didn't know with it not overly modified if I needed to fix a weakness? Not into wasting money so thanks for the information.

Well, I like to try and save people money whenever I can. Not that I'm not saying a JK sector shafts can't break, it's just really rare and not something I would waste your money on.

Rebel JK

Would a brace be good temporary insurance for those running 37's until a hydro system can be installed. $$

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Would a brace be good temporary insurance for those running 37's until a hydro system can be installed. $$

There are tons of guys running 37's without a ram assist now. How many sector shafts have you seen break on them?

Rebel JK

Agreed, I had to replace my box due to a shot shaft bearing though, so now I'm paranoid. Im only thinking of adding a brace for the extra bearing support. I sure as hell dont want to drop any un neccessary coin, so I appreciate the straight skinny. Would rather hold off until going hydro. Need to pump up the build budget first.

Top Bottom