JK 2 dr Pro comp Lift

JocoMofo

Does anybody have the pro comp Short arm 4'' lift on a 2 dr ??? would like to see it, to find out the stance and if its tooo much lift. Was thinking about a 4'' long arm but think thats to much for me.I wheel every chance i get but not too extreme, cause of being my daily drive. Want a good lift but not too much. Dont want to be top heavy. Would like to run 35's or 37's and have decent flex.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, 4" is a lot of lift and unless you are for sure going to run 37's or bigger, that might be more than I would recommend. Regarding the kit, I'm no fan of polyurethane bushings and this kit has them throughout. I personally might recommend that you look for a 3"-3.5" kit of a different make.

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
As some one who has run that lift, I can tell you don't do it. That lift does nothing but raise the frame up of the axel but addresses none of the problems that come when the lift settles down. So for about 2 months it will ride ok but then the axels shift and the caster moves. So it gets really flighty on the highway. Also it's probably the roughest riding springs I've ever owned.

JocoMofo

Thanks for all the input, but what would be a good economical lift for a 2 door w/ a lot of flex and rides smooth on the highway? Also not top heavy ???

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How bout zone ???

Zone is essentially the import end of BDS. Their kits are fine but tend to be lacking in components that you'd want with that much lift. You should know that the componets you'd want to have are not for off roading but, to help keep your ON PAVEMENT ride as good as possible. Also, the shocks provided with their kits are just basic old school hydros and I would not recommend them for a JK.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks for all the input, but what would be a good economical lift for a 2 door w/ a lot of flex and rides smooth on the highway? Also not top heavy ???

If you don't want it to be top heavy then you want as little lift as possible and a wide tire.

TheDuff

Most lifts advertised heights are based on a 4dr and a few are based on a 4dr fully loaded with heavy bumpers, armor, occupants, and gear. With that said your gonna get a whole lot more lift on a 2dr. I have teraflex 2.5" coil lift on my 4dr. It is over 3" of lift on my rig. On a 2 Dr you would def see more. I'd look at building your own lift, but your not gonna get anything good at your price point to be honest. At over 3" of lift you would want to look into lower front control arms, rear uppers, drag link flip, adjustable track bars, ect. There goes that 700 before you even bought spring, shocks, bump stops, brake lines. Not saying u couldn't drive with just the previously mentioned parts, but it won't drive well on the highway. It would be flighty and wandering at speed. Guess the point I'm trying to make is, there isn't a complete kit that worth anything at that price point and most kits at that price have junky shocks, brake line drop brackets and nothing to address the suspension geometry that is altered. The icing on the cake is you'll need a front drive shaft, most cost around $500.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheDuff

Also, be sure about what size tire you want to run, you don't want to pay for parts twice. If u think ull ever want to go with 37's then ull want something that will accommodate that size. Also ull need to address other concerns with running 35's or 37's: possible regear ($900+), ball joints ($250+), gussets ($60+), and depending on how hard you wheel axle sleeves, truss, or a better housing (pro rock44, teraflex, ect. $2000+). Lots of people run these tire sizes on stock axles, but ball joints go fast, c hubs bend, d30's turn into smiley faces:p there's a lot more involved than just a lift

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

JocoMofo

I'm gonna be running 35/12.50 not going any bigger. I don't need a lift over 3". Just trying to find a decent lift for the money. Within my price range...... ???

Top Bottom