JK D30 Lunchbox locker

xflstl

Are there any good write-ups or video's around for this? I did a google and you-tube search and came up wanting. I know this isn't a complex install, I want to do it myself, but hate working with Gears. I told my Girlfriend she should have gotten a Rubi, then I wouldn't need to install this.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I dont have anything to really base it on except what I have "heard", but isnt it kinda hard on a vehicle to run an auto locker on the front? Doesnt it mess with steering and stuff?

Lock Down or Get Locked Up

xflstl

I dont have anything to really base it on except what I have "heard", but isnt it kinda hard on a vehicle to run an auto locker on the front? Doesnt it mess with steering and stuff?

Lock Down or Get Locked Up

Not sure it mess's with the vehicle but more that is can screw with the driver. In wet a and or slick conditions one needs to be more careful and aware of the fact that it has a front locker. It takes getting used to, then its no big thing. I have only driven 1 vehicle that had a front auto locker, was years ago but wasn't to bad.

Atch

Yeah along with a huge puddle of diff fluid I'm guessing the rear you dropped off needs new seals. But thank you sir for the goodies.

xflstl

Yeah along with a huge puddle of diff fluid I'm guessing the rear you dropped off needs new seals. But thank you sir for the goodies.

Eeeek Seriously? it might just be over full or it could have leaked out the breather.... If it does need new seals let me know, I will buy them for you. Also I have a new set of front seals for you at the house.

MurderedJK

LOL!! Thanks - kinda makes me feel old though :grayno:

Eddie,

I too have read your install write up on the Aussie locker. I have a 2011 JK Unlimited NON-Rubi and considering to install one. What are your thoughts, worth it? I don't wheel very hard trails as there isn't much here in Western WA, but I would like some added traction for those sticky spots.

Running RK 2.5 lift,
33in Nitto (will upgrade to 35 in future)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie,

I too have read your install write up on the Aussie locker. I have a 2011 JK Unlimited NON-Rubi and considering to install one. What are your thoughts, worth it? I don't wheel very hard trails as there isn't much here in Western WA, but I would like some added traction for those sticky spots.

Running RK 2.5 lift,
33in Nitto (will upgrade to 35 in future)

If you see snow/ice, I might not recommend one. A selectable locker or Tructrac would be much better for those types of conditions.

Atch

If you see snow/ice, I might not recommend one. A selectable locker or Tructrac would be much better for those types of conditions.

X2....I only installed an Aussie to get me by till I have my new front axle installed (before winter).

Showroom

Myself and a few other friends have run Aussie lockers in front they and perform well on the trails. Like others have stated wouldn't recommend for snowy areas. When your in 2wd it's invisible. The only time you will notice it on the streets is when your doing a u-turn , you'll hear the locker ratcheting.

Top Bottom