LED Fog Lights

Dannyboy76

Thinking about Installing LED light fog lights instead of KC Slim Lights. I was looking at that Brand Ridid Dually 2x2 LED Flood lights Wondering if anybody has done the same and how do you feel about them.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366121571.767271.jpg
I just recently installed truck lite head lights and rigid foglights and can say that I am very impressed with how bright the fog lights are well worth the money

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was going to do this untill I got the evo bumper and now no longer have fogs or use for the brackets that hold the duallys. Let me know if you want them.

TacPen

Banned
My buddy has a set on his rig and I have to tell you, they look good and put out excellent, usable light. Go for it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 25100
I just recently installed truck lite head lights and rigid foglights and can say that I am very impressed with how bright the fog lights are well worth the money

Hey, that worked out pretty good. Did you hook these up to your factory switch? If so, did you need to do anything to get them to work?

My buddy has a set on his rig and I have to tell you, they look good and put out excellent, usable light. Go for it.

You're still here? :naw:

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I was going to splice them onto the factory harness but decided to put them on a new switch so I could run them with the high beams

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was going to splice them onto the factory harness but decided to put them on a new switch so I could run them with the high beams

Okay, I think that's what most people have done. I know that the computer makes it tough to run anything other than bulbs with factory watts and wanted to know if you were able to do it. Oh well.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I read up on it and heard some people having a flicker when wired to the factory harness. My truck lites flicker a little but is only noticeable when the lights are shining on a wall or a car close to the front of the jeep

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I've seen a few jeeps with them mounted on the windshield. I had some off road lights on my old Suzuki mounted there and never like all the light on my hood when using them kind of distracting

TheDuff

Okay, I think that's what most people have done. I know that the computer makes it tough to run anything other than bulbs with factory watts and wanted to know if you were able to do it. Oh well.

I researched a lot on this and found instances where they worked fine off the factory harness and others where there was a flicker. Lots of lil posts with ideas on how to fix the flicker, like capacitors, diodes, and such. The best solution that I found that requires nothing to be ran into the cab is to use the factory hot as the trigger to a relay.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just mounted a set of Duallie Spots on KC brackets at the windshield. I will report my findings later.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom