Air bag light

jeepgreenjon

There are a lot of different things that can trigger that light, likely just a faulty impact sensor. I would recommend getting it scanned sooner then later as none of your airbags will work until that light is back off. In the mean time you can check to make sure your seat belt sensors are plugged in, you could also check your impact sensors to make sure they are all plugged in all the way. The easiest way to figure out what it is, is to get it scanned! If you can get the code the repair will likely be simple.

Lane87

There are a lot of different things that can trigger that light, likely just a faulty impact sensor. I would recommend getting it scanned sooner then later as none of your airbags will work until that light is back off. In the mean time you can check to make sure your seat belt sensors are plugged in, you could also check your impact sensors to make sure they are all plugged in all the way. The easiest way to figure out what it is, is to get it scanned! If you can get the code the repair will likely be simple.

Awesome! Thank you!!

Tackerdown

Banned
coulda messed up a connector when you installed your winch maybe. if you don't find it put duct tape over the light until you get back from rausch;) Oh and have you had any of the death wobble again?

Miss Boss

Forget the scanning, you can get body and airbag control codes by using this sequence on your ignition. Put in your key and turn the ignition On-Off-On-Off then back to the On position . The codes will be given in the odometer read out. The code descriptions can be found here... (where I found the sequence) http://www.quadratec.com/jeep_knowledgebase/article-139.htm
Hope this helps! Keep me posted

Good to know info!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

txjeeplover

I agree with the others in regard to the clockspring. Our clocksprings are notorious for being defective and causing the airbag light to come on or for the steering wheel controls to not function properly.

Lane87

I read online that they extended the Clock Spring Warranty to 10 years or 150,000 miles and that it extends to current owners. Anyone know anything about this?

jeepgreenjon

Last night after posting on this I was turning into my drive way and looked at my steering wheel and it hit me, I bet he has a bad clock spring :doh: Having the code will at least verify it!

DJCFHB

I'm having the same problem, happened when I snapped my sector shaft on the trail a couple weeks ago. Thinking its the clock spring, dropped it off to have it fixed today. On my other jeep though I had the same problem and it was that one of the sensors needed to be re-calibrated.

jeepgreenjon

I'm having the same problem, happened when I snapped my sector shaft on the trail a couple weeks ago. Thinking its the clock spring, dropped it off to have it fixed today. On my other jeep though I had the same problem and it was that one of the sensors needed to be re-calibrated.

Your right in thinking that! Because a clock spring has a limited travel before it will break, if after your sector shaft broke you moved or spun the steering wheel too far it would have broke the clock spring... Ive seen alot of guys that changed there steering shaft u-joints break the spring from moving the steering wheel a turn with the linkage off, then putting in the new joint and centering their steering... first time turning the steering wheel to a lock position and snap. Ive just seen this in a few different vehicles, i apologize if you didnt want my opinion I just like to tune in and comment when its something Ive ran into multiple times in the past. :idontknow:

Top Bottom