Air bag light

Lane87

Did you try the ignition sequence .

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

not yet, I'm going to do a total look over with everything before i decide to buy a new clock spring.. from what I've read online the warranty was only extended for 2007s..

Lane87

Here are instructions i found on JK-F to submit a vehicle complaint.

PETITION -- JK Clockspring & Airbag Light

Since happening to me I have done research throughout this forum and other Jeep forums on the JK clockspring causing the airbag light to continuously chime on while driving. If you have a 2007 JK, there is a recall for the clockspring. If you have a 2008+ JK, there is no recall for the clockspring; though, there should be -- and I hope there will be. Personally, I am not about to pay Jeep $500 to repair a faulty piece of equipment that is causing a malfunction with my airbag and putting my safety at risk.

I filed a complaint with the NHTSA. It took me no more than 10 minutes to do. Here is what I wrote, "On the 2008 Jeep Wrangler (LHD) dashboard, the airbag warning light flashes on every other minute with a chime, an indication that there is something malfunctioning or interfering with the vehicle's airbags.This has been a recurring issue and concern for many 2008 Jeep Wrangler (LHD) owners, including myself, and has been shown time and time again to be caused by a faulty clockspring within the vehicle's steering wheel. This faulty clockspring is the culprit for potential airbag failure in the 2008 Jeep Wrangler (LHD) during an accident or premature deployment when simply driving around. Daimler Chrysler has refused to address the safety concern of their faulty clockspring that can cause failure of the vehicle's airbags from properly deploying."

If you would like to get this matter resolved, not just for me and for yourself, but for EVERYONE, please take a few minutes to file a complaint and get this undying matter put to rest and for free. My cousin is also on the matter at hand, now. He is an attorney who specializes in matters like this one (vehicle safety and insurance), and feels there is a strong case here. His best advice for now is to get as many complaints filed to the NHTSA on this issue -- make it a big deal.

Thank you!

Here is the link to begin: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Click on where is says "Begin online form"

Tackerdown

Banned
I just sent Tyler a text, you met him on our rausch trip. He was the one that lost his muffler. He works at a local dealer up here in the service department maybe he will be able to shed some light on it.

Lane87

I just sent Tyler a text, you met him on our rausch trip. He was the one that lost his muffler. He works at a local dealer up here in the service department maybe he will be able to shed some light on it.

Sweet! Thank you!

cmflanagan

I have on '08 JK and the airbag warning light has been coming on frequently since yesterday. I tried the sequence to get the code but nothing displayed. Is that the correct sequence?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom