front axle sliding out???????

LIKEITHIGH

i have had my jeep for just under a year and still learning bout suspensions on jeeps.. i havesome howling or something noise coming from front i think, anyways i checked all fluids and changed front and rear diff. oil, and also installed a new front driveshaft but it still howls so i figure maybe the front wheel bearings so i pull off wheel hub assembly to replace with a new one and i noticed i could pull the axle out by hand very easily. and im not sure if this is normal because the only experience i have is with rear axles on my f150 and i know they r held by the c clamps inside the differential. also i have recently installed a rough country 4 inch flex arm lift on my jeep and i thought it was strange that the rear sway bar endlinks were almost touching the bump plate pads on the axle, but i wasnt sure about it so i kept looking at them from time to time andtoday i noticed one of them has bent where it has hit the bump pad plate on the axle, how do i stop this from happening or did i receive the wrong length end links or something, cause they were just as long as the fronts, and i thought the back were shorter but i wasnt sure so here i am looking for any answers they can on my problems..

Old man

Drop your drive shaft, take out your axles , take your hand in turn your opinion see if it turns smooth or rough if it turns rough you got a bearing going out.

Question number 1. The axle shafts slide out easy on the fronts.

Question number 2. Rough country lifts are not of a great quality (in my opinion). You kinda get what you pay for. :( You may have just revived a weak part.

LIKEITHIGH

yeah i knew rough country was a moderate lift, i was just tring to get the most adjustment i could possibly get out of a lift for under 1500.00. at first i had chosen the skyjacker long arm lift that was a little more but i had to order my lift from somewhere online as there are no truck shops close to me. as you can imagine i was a little leary of paying 1800.00 plus dollars for alift that i didnt have some kind of assurance that the site was genuine. so i took achance and the guy must be lining bout his whole site cause it took like two weeks of calling the seller after my lift didnt arrive, finally getting him on the phone and threating to make sure on his reviews that no one would ever want to buy anything from him again, but he agreed to refund my money if i wouldnt leave a review at all. so i was just happy to get my money back ( i cant remember the name of the site but ill look it up in my files and post it later, so all can be warned bout this site) so i was left with limited choices . with my experience the only place i could buy a lift online where i didnt have to worry bout getting scammed was AMAZON ,cause i been refunded from amazon for one of their sellers screwingme out of money before so i knew it was safe. But as my setup stands right now i think im pretty adjustable with front and rear adj trk bars and adj upper and lower control arms. upgraded front double caradine joint driveshaft, double steering stabilizers quick dissconnect sway bar end links drop pitman arm ,trk bar relocating brackets extended steel brake lines.still shopping for rear driveshaft , adj ball joints , and researching dana 44 5:13 gears tring to decide on which ones to buy. anyone have any sugestions on which are the best? Also sugestions of what brand of rear sway bar end links i should get to replace my weak rough country ones? and to reply about inspecting the pinnion for easy turning , what would u say is rough turning because when i installed the new front shaft i also changed the front gear oil and turned the yoke that the driveshaft attatches to at the axle with diff. cover offand both front wheels off and it turned pretty easy without me using much force. i could hear turning of the axles at both hubs,but nothing that sounded like grinding metal or anything but im a commercial electrician by trade so i might not know what im hearing, i mean if easy turning is no noise at all when it turns then yeah it might be a little rough but i wouldnt say it was rough to turn but then again like i said i know electricity so what do i know. lol

jeeeep

Hooked
There are many good reputable companies out there to choose from, personally I like Clayton Offroad, when I called them they spent time answering my questions and not trying to sell me more than I needed. Give them a call and they may be able to help you out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom