EVO Enforcer q...

aaronstephen

Was looking at the enforcer kit and I already have the coils, so the only real difference between this kit and my setup are the shocks. Are these King shocks gonna make that big of a difference from my Bilstien 5100's?

- aaron

Sent from the WAYALIFE app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Was looking at the enforcer kit and I already have the coils, so the only real difference between this kit and my setup are the shocks. Are these King shocks gonna make that big of a difference from my Bilstien 5100's?

- aaron

For driving hard and fast in the desert, yeah, they would make a difference. For your average wheeling or on the rocks, no.

aaronstephen

that's good to know. I don't do any fast desert driving. Just sand and mud and back roads. Thanks Eddie. Figured you had some experience with these.

- aaron

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
that's good to know. I don't do any fast desert driving. Just sand and mud and back roads. Thanks Eddie. Figured you had some experience with these.

- aaron

Well, if you're playing on sand like what you find up in Silverlake, you'll still encounter big enough bumps where better shocks will eat them up better if you're hitting them hard. But, for mud or back roads, what you have will be fine.

aaronstephen

Well, if you're playing on sand like what you find up in Silverlake, you'll still encounter big enough bumps where better shocks will eat them up better if you're hitting them hard. But, for mud or back roads, what you have will be fine.

Do you think the 2.0's would be enough of an upgrade?

- aaron

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do you think the 2.0's would be enough of an upgrade?

- aaron

Probably but, before you spend any money, I would give what you have a good hard run to see how it feels to you. If you think it's doing okay, I would just stick with what you have :yup:

aaronstephen

Probably but, before you spend any money, I would give what you have a good hard run to see how it feels to you. If you think it's doing okay, I would just stick with what you have :yup:

For sure.

I have another question for you. I'm getting roughly 4.5" out of my plush ride coils. How much bump stop length would you recommend? I haven't added my front (rear are installed) TF bump stop extensions yet because they looked huge. I went out and did a little flexing the other day and my bump stops were touching the pad when fully stuffed.

- aaron

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For sure.

I have another question for you. I'm getting roughly 4.5" out of my plush ride coils. How much bump stop length would you recommend? I haven't added my front (rear are installed) TF bump stop extensions yet because they looked huge. I went out and did a little flexing the other day and my bump stops were touching the pad when fully stuffed.

- aaron

Typically, you want to run as much bump stop as you have lift or, close to it. This is more to help prevent the over compression of your coils than anything but, depending on the spring you run, you can get away with less. If you really are seeing 4.5" of lift, I would recommend that you at least run 3" of bump stop extension.

aaronstephen

Typically, you want to run as much bump stop as you have lift or, close to it. This is more to help prevent the over compression of your coils than anything but, depending on the spring you run, you can get away with less. If you really are seeing 4.5" of lift, I would recommend that you at least run 3" of bump stop extension.

Damn, I guess I'll be dropping the axle this weekend. Thanks again.

- aaron

aaronstephen

Eddie, I'm gonna measure and post pictures of my results. I get the feeling you don't believe me on the height of these coils. ;)

- aaron

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, I'm gonna measure and post pictures of my results. I get the feeling you don't believe me on the height of these coils. ;)

- aaron

Oh, it's not that I don't believe you, I just put it out there like that just because it's hard for me to know for sure. Just trying to cover the bases. :yup:

aaronstephen

Oh, it's not that I don't believe you, I just put it out there like that just because it's hard for me to know for sure. Just trying to cover the bases. :yup:

So this is what I'm comparing my measurements to.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366911717.155822.jpg

Here are a few pictures...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366911751.871143.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366911763.220799.jpg

- aaron

aaronstephen

this ^^^^ top photo shows you at 22.5" to center of shock mount bolt which is where you should be with a 4" coil.

BTW - C-Gussets!!!

Yes that is what I was thinking. I think they just mixed up my order and sent out 4" springs. Which is fine because I love the height and how they look with my tires.

I know C Gussetts will be welded on this weekend. :)

- aaron

Top Bottom