2 Door VS 4 Door

• 4 Door JK

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • 2 Door JK

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

Lorenzo

jeep 4 door or 2 door???

I'm stuck between a 2 door fully loaded rubicon and a 4 foor rubicon... can someone give me s one pros and cons of both?

RamP

That's gonna be based on a lot of personal preferences. Do you have kids? Pets? What options does the 4 door come with?
I have had both throughout the years and I can honestly say that the 4 door is by far my personal favorite. It will ultimately depend on you though.
Good luck deciding and no matter which one you choose, it will be awesome. :thumb:
Welcome aboard BTW.

Skid_Kid

jeep 4 door or 2 door???

That's gonna be based on a lot of personal preferences. Do you have kids? Pets? What options does the 4 door come with?
I have had both throughout the years and I can honestly say that the 4 door is by far my personal favorite. It will ultimately depend on you though.
Good luck deciding and no matter which one you choose, it will be awesome. :thumb:
Welcome aboard BTW.

I concur with RamP. A lot of your decision will be based on your lifestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chiromancer

jeep 4 door or 2 door???

I'd also have to concur that it depends on you and your needs. It was easy for me to choose the Unlimited, due to the extra space. But. I could see a smaller rig being good in some circumstances-just depends on what you need.

Firespyer

Re: jeep 4 door or 2 door???

I went for an Unlimited because of the extra space, and there will be times I need to drive my wife, and my mother someplace. I had to deal with getting one of them in the back of a 2dr once... never again.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

jelliott076

I'm stuck on the 4door. It's got plenty of room and with a few add ons plenty of capabilities. I don't know much about the '13 but they look pretty cool in the loaded versions.

my_jk

I really like my 4 door because I needed more space than my 2 door had to offer. As mentioned it all depends on your needs.

StrizzyChris

Re: jeep 4 door or 2 door???

4door! Never have to flip ur seat up to let adults TRY to get up and squeeze into the back. Also, all your storage space for groceries(only place any of us take our Jeeps), tents, luggage or bags is that seat. If u have two people in the back seat then u have no space but their laps. :twocents:

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

DallasJKU

I went in to buy a 2 Door, but walked out with a 4 Door. Cargo space is much better, easier access to back seats for dog/people and the ride quality was much better especially when you lift it. My only regret is I bought the hardtop because they said they couldn't find one with a soft top and probably to lazy to just express order a top. Oh well, I bought an ORH fastback today and will probably just sell my hardtop if the ORH is comfortable enough on the highway. I don't have any place to store the hardtop since I live in apt.

kaptkrappy

I drove both 2 and 4 doors.

I went with the 2 door and am really glad I did. I've had Jeeps in the past, of course they were 2 doors.

Oh, and I like telling people "sorry, I don't have a back seat".

I will put the back seat in for my grand daughters and they climb in or over or however, they love that part.

Oranges 3 .jpg

Like everyone else said, you know how much space you need, get the one that suits your lifestyle.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
If you are going to be wheeling it, get the 4 door. They are much more stable on the trail due to the decreased break-over angle of the longer wheel base. (that would be decreased, right?) If you are camping you will appreciate the extra room.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
4 doors are nice. Extra cargo space. I have a 2 door and love it. Just my wife, dog and me. I did watched a video on Teraflex and they were comparing 2 door and 4 door mentioning you would not need as high of lift with the 2 door due to wheelbase and break over angle. These JK's are wider than previous models aren't they? Meaning more stable. You can roll anything although it is not everybody's intention. The 4 drs are a little more so it would also depend if you want to pay a little more as well. My brother just purchased a 4 dr and loves it...jerk! I'm sure if I drove one I woud too. I do have champagne dreams on a NICE beer budget. 4 drs are heavier and can tow more, they both have the same engines. you have more doors to wax...wait a minute I don't wax count that one out. More space to vacuum. Scratch that one too. They look awesome with big tires on them...WAL, EVOJEEP. Then again so does the 2 drs! Im sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong and please do.:)

cevery

I have always liked the 2 door. But it works for me being single. I take the back seat out for the dog, perfect. If you are a family man, I would definately be getting the JKU.

ssgp2

My approach to this dilemma is simple, if it's your only vehicle get the 4 doors.
If you get the Jeep as a secondary, the 2 doors is good to go.

I'll get the 4 doors because my other vehicle is a bike.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I had a 2 door with a lift and 35's and loved it. I now have a 4 door and I like it even more. It is so versatile that with 37's you can drive 80 mph to go wheel all weekend and drive it home. My 2 door I pulled it when I wanted to go wheeling.

RamP

My approach to this dilemma is simple, if it's your only vehicle get the 4 doors.
If you get the Jeep as a secondary, the 2 doors is good to go.

I'll get the 4 doors because my other vehicle is a bike.
Exactly. Well said.

1yellowjk

There are + and -'s to both. I have owned both 2 and 4dr JK's, I sold my 4dr to buy a 2dr for no other eason than I really wanted another 2dr. I miss having those extra doors and room, but I like the look and feel of my 2dr. If you have kids and pets and they like to go anywhere with you buy a 4dr, if it's just you then 2dr all day long IMO.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
If I were to wheel my 2 Dr....I do go on long trips traveling at times on logging or forestry roads. I would still drive it there and back even if it had 40's on it. I don't understand trailering it.I bought to drive it whether it be a 2 or 4 Dr. That's part of the experience imho.

bl17z90

I see you live in PA so I'm assuming if you wheel it you will be going to Rausch creek. Over here on the East coast you see a different kind of terrain than they do on the west coast. Over there it is big tall rocks to climb on where the longer wheelbase of the 4 door is helpfull but over here where its tigher trails and hills and things like that you will see the 2 door do better. On our last trip to RC I crested a hill with my 2 door no problem with my 2.5 lift and 32's but my neighbor with 3.5 on 34's dragged his 4 door over it as well as banged his fender on a tree (2 people in our group did this, both with 4 doors) Now thats not to say the 4 door is at a disadvantage they extra space and the good looking stance with 35's and up as well as longer wheelbase all just make it awesome. Basically if I could buy again I would get a 4 door instead. :thumb:

Top Bottom