2 Door VS 4 Door

• 4 Door JK

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • 2 Door JK

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i prefer a 2 door just cause A. i have one and B. its only me (im only 22 so no family) so there is no need for the other doors right now. thinking my next jeep will be a 4 door rubi if i can swing it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
From a guy who's owned a CJ, TJ and 2-door JK, I can tell you that I really like short wheel base Jeeps. But, I LOVE THE 4-DOOR and if I had a choice between one of the other, I would take the 4-door hands down. In fact, that's why I own 2 of them. Built up, they are every bit as capable as a 2-door and more so in a lot of terrain and the extra cargo room simply cannot be beat.

Atch

I prefer the 4 dr like everyone else has said for numerous reasons. The biggest reason is the added storage space, it comes in handy when you're at an event that you're camping at and you happen to win 5 33" tires that you need to cram in our jeep along with all your supplies you brought with you :rock:

ichthus

I prefer my 2 door 90% of the time. It's FAR more fun to drive, maneuverable, has better visibility, better fuel economy, performance, etc.

All that being said, married with a kid (another on the way) and 2 80-pound Weimaraners.... The JK will soon be traded for a second JKU.

In a warm weather climate, I might hold onto the 2-door, as use of the back seat with no roof is easier (don't even have to open the doors!), but 4-seasons life is more difficult. Soft windows are fragile in below freezing temps, the passenger seat barely slides forward, and rocker panels pick up mud, slush and worm guts to rub all over your pant legs when leaning in to access the back seat.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I like my 2 door most of the time but when it comes to storage and carrying more people it sucks. Also on certain rock ledges and obstacles its hard to get up and over with the short wheelbase. That being said, a set of lockers would help with that. My next one will be a 4 door but I will probably keep the 2 door as well.

rtguy1

The longer wheelbase is great. I love my stretched 2door...its fun as hell to drive. I am completely happy with it but.......

If I buy another jeep(keeping the 2door of course) I'll probably get a 4door base model with AC and auto. Drop it off at evo with like 15 miles on the odometer for a little double throwdown action, a touch of evo lever, a smidge of PROROCK 60's, a dash of slabs, a sprinkle of 40's......u get the idea. :yup:

Top Bottom