Front sway bar link length question

Hawaii 5-0

I recently installed a Old Man Emu 2'' lift on my 09 JKU Rubicon. I gained 2.5" in the front and 2.75 in the rear. I installed a JKS adjustable track bar in the front, a Teraflex track bar bracket in the rear, and JKS adjustable sway bar links in the rear as additional items.

After installing the adjustable sway bar links in the rear, I moved the old rear links to the front. My old front links were 5" long. The ones I moved up front are 9". The front sway bar now tilts up slightly from horizontal. According to JKS, the front sway bar acceptable operating range is 5 degrees above or below horizontal. Just eyeballing it, it appears I'm probably about 5 degrees above horizontal. Should I be concerned about this and look for a slightly shorter length? Or am I being overly analytical about this?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You will be fine like this. Depending on how much droop you now have, you may even want it a bit taller.

Hawaii 5-0

Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't fully flexed it yet, but it looks like I won't have any clearance issues.

kRay.JK

I'm in the same boat. You're good to go! :thumb: I've taken mine offroad several times since. No bending/binding/break to report.

Dave_g

You will be fine like this. Depending on how much droop you now have, you may even want it a bit taller.

Yeah I had the RK 2.5 and their links were just above horizontal, and they still flipped at max travel. Upgraded to Evo swaybar links. Think they were the 12.5"-13.9" to give me plenty of growing room, but my links are about 15-20 degrees above horizontal now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I had the RK 2.5 and their links were just above horizontal, and they still flipped at max travel. Upgraded to Evo swaybar links. Think they were the 12.5"-13.9" to give me plenty of growing room, but my links are about 15-20 degrees above horizontal now.

Yep, it all depends on the amount of droop you have. You should be good to go with what you have now :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You still have those RK ones? My JKS say they are for 2-6 inches of lift but I am still less then horizontal with them maxed out. :idon'tknow:

mgmavant

I have the exact same lift and track bar (except I have JKS front and rear) and have been running it for a couple years now without any issues. I've taken it on the trails a bunch of times with no issues at all.

Top Bottom