Crawl tune

Clark Collins

I see that Eddie has a Superchip tuner in both his 2007 and his 2009 JKs. If you catch this thread, Eddie, I would like your thoughts on the crawl tune.

There has been lots of discussion regarding the benefits, or not, of this tuner. I haven't seen where anyone has commented on the value of the "crawl tune" and I really like it for rocky trails. I would like feed back from others who use the "crawl" tune. I would also like to hear from anyone who has used the "crawl" tune and has upgraded to the 3.6. How is the low speed throttle response with that engine with auto trans.

I also think the tuner increases power on the street and have tried all the different tunes with my 33" tires and 3.73 gears auto (2010 Unlimited sport). It seems to me that the 87octane performance tune works the best at this altitude, 4,000' and up, and use it with our regular gas that is only 85octane. I've had no problems, but it seems to me that the higher octane tunes aren't better than the 87. I have a close by section of interstate with some small hllls and one big one where I can get a good read on the various tunes.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My 07 is a manual and so the benefits of a Superchips or how much is actually felt is limited. On the 09 I had, I could feel some benefits but, to change back and forth between tunes was kind of a pain for me and didn't do it much because of it. There's no comparison to a 3.6L motor as it is just that much better.

Top Bottom