Fox steering stabilizer question?????

munstie

Is there new ATS stabilizer really worth spending 400.00 dollars on, for years my understanding is stabilizers help bumpsteer, but they can also hide other problems, what would the benefits be verse a stock stabilizer???

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Fridge81

That's pretty much it. I was thinking about a nice Fox stabilizer but pretty much camber to the conclusion that for that price i could put that money towards a ram assist and have a stabilizer and help steering on the trail.

Sent from some trail, somewhere

silverbackjk

That's pretty much it. I was thinking about a nice Fox stabilizer but pretty much camber to the conclusion that for that price i could put that money towards a ram assist and have a stabilizer and help steering on the trail.

Sent from some trail, somewhere

Yup this is my exact thought.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

munstie

I was thinking the same thing your not to far off from the price of a ram assist. But was also trying to figure out what justifies a 400.00 stabilizer.

Showroom

I considered that stabilizer as well but ended up going with a bilstein. I think the theory of a through shaft is a good idea but way to expensive. I did notice as soon as I put the bilstein on it is actually pressurized just enough to make the jeep turn to the left just a bit which is really annoying. So a through shaft pressurized on both sides would eliminate that.

jeeeep

Hooked
you don't want your steering stabilizer to hide problems, you should be able to run without it.
the stock stabilizer is fine unless you're running 37's then you'll probably want some ram assist.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
you don't want your steering stabilizer to hide problems, you should be able to run without it.
the stock stabilizer is fine unless you're running 37's then you'll probably want some ram assist.

Even if you don't have ram assist on 37's the stock one is fine

kimer82

have duel fox stablizers mounted on 40" locked.
after 2000km, my stock steering is shot and will be swaping to PSC hydro assist.
if you are going to run bigger tires in the future, save money and get the real stuff!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On 37's locked I would prefer the ram assist.

As piginajeep said, a ram assist is no stabilizer but rather, a component that will significantly improve your ability to steer when running large tires. I would highly recommend it.

Top Bottom