Fox 2.0 RR Upper Mount Broken

el mono

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367779525.746903.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367779560.691896.jpg
Less than a year on this shock, passenger side, and the upper shock body is completely hollowed out so I cannot re-attach the mount. Have y'all seen this before?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's a bummer. I would call up Fox and let them know about this. I have little reason to believe they won't take care of you.

el mono

I had to JB weld the mount to the top... so far, so good for daily driving. Fox is sending a replacement. I'm curious as to how long my fix will last.

el mono

No fluid lost; the upper shock body is good, just the threads are gone. As are the threads on the mount. The black stuff in the pic is "mud" from the aluminum "working".

Glad to see Fox is taking care of you. May I suggest using two zip ties to secure the shock in place. I would run them though the hole in the back of the shock mount and then one to the front and one to the rear of the mount. This should assist in keeping your shock form working it's way out. If that down't work then try using lock wire.

R/
Will

Top Bottom