Smittybilt XRC Seats

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, we run Mastercraft seats. These do look a lot like the Baja RS seats though but, I'm not much of a fan of Smittybilt products - aka, formerly Steelhorse/Rustpony.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Does anyone have any experience with these seats and if so, are they worth a crap???? :thinking:

Crap would be softer than the smittty built seats. It's a cheap poor knock off of the Mastercraft.

Just go sit in one, then sit in a Mastercraft... You will feel the difference

BlackKnight

I have heard their company described in a somewhat derogaroy method as "ShittyBuilt"..

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have heard their company described in a somewhat derogaroy methad as "ShittyBuilt"..

The sad thing is, they weren't always that way. It was only until Transamerica (4wheelparts) bought them out that things went downhill. They effectively changed all their products under the Steelhorse brand (a brand with a bad reputation) and made it Smittybuilt.

BlackKnight

I actually like the look of some of the products, expecially the XRC fender armors, but for my states regulation of full coverage for the tires I would possible be going with them. Now going to be going with EVO corners and rear tire carrier though..

Last edited:

CRAZYCASEY

I picked up a pair of the seats for $400 bucks so im giving them a shot. So far so good. They are more comfortable than I thought they would be and fit nice. I put them in at the end of February and only have a thousand or so miles on them. My jeep is not a dd and only sees about 7-8k per year so I'm hoping they will hold up for a few years. They are snug and hold you in place much better than the stock seats. I do have a dozen or so hard days on the trail with them and do love them, So far so good but only time will tell! I don't have my hopes set too high so I doubt I will be disappointed, you have to remember that anytime you buy shittybilt. This is the only pic I could find on my phone but I can take a few when I get home if you would like.

Attachments

• image-260486919.jpg
    image-260486919.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 144

texasdave

No, no need for more pics. Just curious and was looking for something better than stock. I can't stand the headrest in this damn thing.

CRAZYCASEY

texasdave said:
No, no need for more pics. Just curious and was looking for something better than stock. I can't stand the headrest in this damn thing.

I agree and they are better than stock comfort wise IMO, but the durability is what is still in question for me.

CRAZYCASEY

texasdave said:
Gotcha. Did they require the purchase of any extra brackets or mounting hardware???

Apparently they do offer a bracket kit, but I was able to modify my stock brackets to work. It was a lot of work and if I had to do it again I would buy the brackets.

Top Bottom