TJ 15" Rims On JK

Hell_Fire

Hey guys

Any one ever fitted TJ 15" rims on a JK, my buddy has a 2010 JK and he wants to fit them as he got 33" tyres free.

Wont the calipers pose a problem?

Napalm90

I believe they are different bolt pattern, but I think they make spacers the convert. I could be wrong.

Sent via carrier pigeon

Hell_Fire

Ok cool thanks guys, I honestly dont even get why you would want to run 15" rims anyway, except for cheaper tire prices lol

suicideking

Ok cool thanks guys, I honestly dont even get why you would want to run 15" rims anyway, except for cheaper tire prices lol

More side wall too. You do end up saving about $100 per tire. So that can add up if you plan on keeping the same size tire.

If you want to run 15's, you need to get 3.75" backspacing or less. Any more than that and you will have problems.

My wheels are MB TKO 15 x 8 with 3.75" bs. There are quite a few choices for wheels that will work, but not much of a selection compared to 16"+.

If you want to keep his tires and get new wheels, let me know. I have a list of wheels that will work.

Hell_Fire

Ha ha ha yeah money, the only thing that's holding us back from our ultimate Jeeps lol

Thanx man will have a chat with him today and hear what rims he has and where they fit into the picture.

Bacon

to get into a tire with a C load range as opposed to the D and E load ranges of most tires with a 17" wheel diameter. plus at 33" or 35" there's a better amount of sidewall in a 15" wheel than 17". better for wheelin in most situations.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
to get into a tire with a C load range as opposed to the D and E load ranges of most tires with a 17" wheel diameter. plus at 33" or 35" there's a better amount of sidewall in a 15" wheel than 17". better for wheelin in most situations.

Depending on the kind of wheeling you do, a D or E range tire IS what you want as it will also provide much better sidewall strength. As far as more sidewall goes, I personally disagree with it being "better for wheelin in most situations" - that's just old school thinking. With a good strong tire, you can air down further, still get a good footprint and have more stability and durability. Of course, that's just my opinion and based on the kind of wheelin I do. I'll take a 17" wheel on a 32" tire any day of the week.

Top Bottom