U-joint.

Serg5000

I purchased a set of axle shafts and wanted to replace the u-joints. They are 30 spline Rubicon shafts. Every place I look wants me to buy spicer 5-760x u-joint. That's incorrect. I borrowed one to show the difference. The top is the 5-760x and the bottom is the one that came out of the shafts.

Attachments

• image-2983020919.jpg
    image-2983020919.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 216

Serg5000

I should have an update tomorrow. Found a local shop that carries Spicer. They ordered today and will be in around noon.

Serg5000

You need a Spicer 5-7166X

Received the call today from the local shop.
Yesterday I had given them this number provided by Eddie. The box has a different number on it but its the same U-Joint. Thanks again Eddie.

Attachments

• image-4203042432.jpg
    image-4203042432.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 125
  • image-3644787048.jpg
    image-3644787048.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 126

StrizzyChris

Received the call today from the local shop.
Yesterday I had given them this number provided by Eddie. The box has a different number on it but its the same U-Joint. Thanks again Eddie.

Does that part # come with full circle clips? I looked at the 5-7166X one eddie listed, and it looks like c clips as well. Does spicer make a full circle for stock JK shafts? :thinking:

Serg5000

No it does not. There isn't a way for a full clip to work on factory axles.
Not that I can see that is.

Tcdawg

The inner part of the ears is made to accept the full circle clips on aftermarket axle shafts. I don't thing the stock ears will accept a full clip.

A tack weld or two on the stock U joint caps will keep them in place in case you lose a half clip.

Serg5000

The inner part of the ears is made to accept the full circle clips on aftermarket axle shafts. I don't thing the stock ears will accept a full clip.

A tack weld or two on the stock U joint caps will keep them in place in case you lose a half clip.

I tossed one of the old U-joint and a couple clips in my tool bag just for trail repair. I managed to get one complete u joint from the two. It would need to be replace once I got home. But seeing as how these were a bit of a challenge to find. I figure I better keep one just in case.

Top Bottom