Water spots!!!

Brankz

I have massive water spots on my hood,I try everything YouTube have to offer me lol. So please best way to get them out.... Oh yea I don't have a buffer... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1369104466.570637.jpg
I don't know if I can see them in the pic

Tackerdown

Banned
I always have that prob. Just did a wax a few hrs ago but it was to dark when I got done. I'll let you know if it worked tomorrow.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

once you figure out how to get the spots off there is two things you can do to prevent most of them from coming back the next time you wash it.

1. there are two soaps that are good to use if you have hard water or any high metals in your water. KarKraft cherrywash or Duragloss carwash.
both work excellent and help keep water spots from coming back.

2. double check the way you rinse her off, an old timer told me not to blast the hose, take the nozzle off and let it slowly rinse away. i thought he was
full of sh!t, but it has worked on my jeep and on other toys i have.

worth a shot, hope you can get them out.:cool:

jeeeep

Hooked
depending on how old the water spots are, I've used a 2-1 mix of vinegar/water in a spray bottle, spray the area with the spots and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes - don't let it dry! you can then take a clay bar with warm soapy water - I use Dawn, put some dawn direct on the wet clay bar and wash gently.

If the spots are really old and deeper you'll need to use a cutting compound, we used to use a product called Miracle Wax don't know if it's still around but there are several to chose from - McGuires comes to mind - make sure you use the appropriate pads with it.

wax and enjoy!

Brankz

once you figure out how to get the spots off there is two things you can do to prevent most of them from coming back the next time you wash it.

1. there are two soaps that are good to use if you have hard water or any high metals in your water. KarKraft cherrywash or Duragloss carwash.
both work excellent and help keep water spots from coming back.

2. double check the way you rinse her off, an old timer told me not to blast the hose, take the nozzle off and let it slowly rinse away. i thought he was
full of sh!t, but it has worked on my jeep and on other toys i have.

worth a shot, hope you can get them out.:cool:

Thank u I will try the cherry one, i got the water spots from my front yard.( sprinkles)

Brankz

depending on how old the water spots are, I've used a 2-1 mix of vinegar/water in a spray bottle, spray the area with the spots and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes - don't let it dry! you can then take a clay bar with warm soapy water - I use Dawn, put some dawn direct on the wet clay bar and wash gently.

If the spots are really old and deeper you'll need to use a cutting compound, we used to use a product called Miracle Wax don't know if it's still around but there are several to chose from - McGuires comes to mind - make sure you use the appropriate pads with it.

wax and enjoy!

Cool I will try the vinegar, thank you

Tackerdown

Banned
Well the wax worked but I did have to use the karate kid method pretty vigorously. I used Meguiars Mirror glaze Hi-Tech yellow wax 26. I think next time I might try the vinegar and then wax.:yup:

Brankz

Well the wax worked but I did have to use the karate kid method pretty vigorously. I used Meguiars Mirror glaze Hi-Tech yellow wax 26. I think next time I might try the vinegar and then wax.:yup:

Thanks. Vinegar fix 60% I will buy the wax and see if I can fix it 100%

Brankz

lol...well, distilled white vinegar has more acidic benefits but don't let it sit that long, it may cause more damage.

Dam, yea I can't use more vinegar I can mess the paint but The vinegar really work good now I only have few spots.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
When washing the jeep I keep it completely wet the whole time. Then park it in the shade to towel dry as quickly as possible. This prevents the water spots from happening to begin with. When I have not done this and got the water spots, I rewash and do as stated. That seems to take care of it for me. :yup:
Side note: I use Lemon Pledge to wax my rig. Simply spray on small (2’x2’) areas and wipe off. I use it on the soft top also. :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
When washing the jeep I keep it completely wet the whole time. Then park it in the shade to towel dry as quickly as possible. This prevents the water spots from happening to begin with. When I have not done this and got the water spots, I rewash and do as stated. That seems to take care of it for me. :yup:
Side note: I use Lemon Pledge to wax my rig. Simply spray on small (2’x2’) areas and wipe off. I use it on the soft top also. :thumb:

We need more lemon pledge.

http://youtu.be/uklF7VtqJq8

Top Bottom