New to JK's. 6 speed question

alpinhi

Hey all I just bought a 09 JKUR last week. Everything was fine until it started popping out of 1st gear. I have driven it all over the place today and could only get it to do it twice today. I did some research and Im finding that this is a pretty common issue. I have a 1 month 1000 mi warranty on the Jeep from the dealer since its out of factory warranty. I was wondering if anybody here has a link to TSB so I can print it off and take it with me to dealer (2 1/2 hours away:grayno: ). If anyone has any info or advice it would be greatly appreciated, I hope I didn't make a 25g mistake.
Thanks
Travis

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would just take it to the dealership and tell them to look up the TSB. It's a common problem and they will know about it.

Rule18

Damn, Eddie, I was just typing words very similar to that... I'm gonna start calling you fast Eddie... lol...

alpinhi

I hear you, that's kinda my plan. I just wanted to be prepared as possible and hand them the TSB. I'm afraid I'm going to drive all the way down there and they "wont be able to duplicate the problem". Then Ill be on my own with a Jeep that's going to need a new trans in the next couple months.

alpinhi

Was the JOG ever a recall? if so it would be covered warentee or not...

No, I think it should be though. My wife loves to drive the Jeep but I am afraid that it might pop out while she is trying to get across traffic. This could lead to a bad accident.

kRay.JK

Mine usually jogs 1st gear once a day. I've just learned to really push it into 1st and get through both gates to avoid it. I'll forget due to ADD in traffic and the jeep will always remind me with a big CLACK as it throws 1st. It's never caused any issues other than a bruised ego. I've gotten so used to it I rarely ever think twice when it happens. The looks on passenger's faces though.... :cheesy:

Top Bottom