Removing rear sway bar for good?

DCR JEEP

Does anybody run there jk with no rear sway bar? I have a 12' jk and I just bought disconnects for my front axle and was wondering what would happen if I removed the rear sway bar. Is there any downsides to doing this? Want to get the full flex out of it.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
-Big E

billybob990

It is not safe!! Lol I ran my Wrangler with no front for about a week due to it breaking it was terrible!! Had to take 45 mph turn at 20 I know your front is the more important one but the back helps more than you think

Skirmish

I lost a bolt in my rear sway link once and didn't notice a difference on the rocks. Drove like a bobble head on the road though.

DCR JEEP

I lost a bolt in my rear sway link once and didn't notice a difference on the rocks. Drove like a bobble head on the road though.

Yea I actually just installed disconnects on my front axle and was driving with them disconnected. That was sketch lol it was floating down the road. So forget that. Thanks anyways guys!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
-Big E

2k13jk

On a leaf spring rig sway bars dont really do much but with coil all around id recommend leaving the sway bar in

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, there is no need to disconnect your rear sway bar. I can assure you that it WILL NOT limit your suspension travel and IT WILL provide stability on the trail.

Top Bottom