Evo skid system

sean.m.adams33

So I got my evo protek skid system and I am trying to install it. Trying being a key word. I have a teraflex long arm kit on my jku. I don't think I can install the transmission crossmember and exhaust skid. Has anyone installed this? If so what am I doing wrong?! Any help is wonderful. Thanks.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yes. If you look through prime8's build thread he shows it. He has the EVO double D long arm and had to trim quite a bit off. So did dchew I believe. He has a build thread as well.

I would link them but am on my phone.

sean.m.adams33

Just went through the 2 suggested threads. Looks like I am chopping it up tomorrow! I will be sure to post pics. Thanks for all the help.:thumb:

Prime8

Yes. If you look through prime8's build thread he shows it. He has the EVO double D long arm and had to trim quite a bit off. So did dchew I believe. He has a build thread as well.

I would link them but am on my phone.

As Overlander said, here is the trim guide DChew gave me. We have the EVO long arm setup so yours might be slightly different.

The red shows what you need to cut out.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370126036.669475.jpg

Forgot to take a picture when it was done, but here it is with one side done. Some minor grinding had to be done after initial cuts to get it to fit just right.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370126052.883953.jpg

sean.m.adams33

Had to do a fair bit of trimming but it paid off in the end. Armor is installed Thanks to the help of Ralphie.

One of the first cuts.

Oil pan armor.

Trans plate

Exhaust Plate

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
As much as you need to trim there will be no strength left to the skid plate..

Yep, what he said. Unless your going to weld on reinforcing bracket. The skid saved my crossmember, exhaust, and tranny when we ran devils canyon. But it folded after jumping on enoromous boulder. Already have my replacement on.

Top Bottom