Dual spares carriers

Anyone know of any aftermarket dual spare wheel carriers? I'm in Australia and travelling long distance without 2 spares is kinder making me anxious. Especially after finding a screw in one of my MTZs the other day. I saw a bloke with a custom arb one and am waiting to here back from Arb about it. But in the mean time, know of any others?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you really need to carry 2 spares, you might want to look into getting a roof rack. Don't know if I'd want to carry all that extra weight on the back. Up top isn't better for COG but, at least you can kind of center it.

suicideking

I see a lot of trucks with them, but they have the spares in the bed. Never seen anything like that for a JK.

For now, keep one on the spare carrier and one strapped down in the cargo area (assuming you have room).

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you have a four door your best bet might be one in the rear cargo area and another on a tire carrier. Or the roof rack idea as mentioned about.

Also you could buy the ARB tire repair kit in case you put a hole on one. Chances of ruining two tires in one trip is probably pretty rare.

And bloke made me :cheesy:!

BlackKnight

With a full length roof rack, you should be able to get both spares up there.. Good luck getting them Up and Down. Hope you have arms like Arnold. Two might also exceed the weight limit for the rack, so check the manufacturer..

Yea I currently have the single spare in the boot so I might go with the boot and tailgate idea. I don't like the tyre on the roof one because of the COG as you said and also I want to put a roof top tent up there.
I do already carry a repair kit but I've watched videos of professionals driving the Kimberly Region of Australia and going through tyres like they're chewing gum. Damn sticks
Thanks for the ideas guys

SDG

Caught the Bug
I have seen duals in the rear area of race tucks. You could probably have someone fab something up for you, but it would hang off the back of the jeep quite a bit.

camburg-Trophy-Truck-test.jpg

Top Bottom