Wildboar Fastback Tops

BoogieMan

I'm thinking about getting a Wildboar fastback top and I would like to get you guys opinions on it (installations, water leakage, weight and etc.).

Any info on it would be a big help, thanks.

RockyJk

I looked into these when I got my jeep but started reading reviews on it and a lot of people where having issues with them leaking water so I decided to just stay with the soft top :thumbup:

jeeeep

Hooked
like the look but not the amount of space lost. when I go out on the trail for the weekend I pack a lot of stuff!

BoogieMan

I wouldn't get a top unless it was made by Bestop. The other companies seem to have more problems.

I prefer a hardtop and I haven't seen any hardtops made by Bestop.

like the look but not the amount of space lost. when I go out on the trail for the weekend I pack a lot of stuff!

Im not much a pack rat, so I dont mind loosing that little amount of space at the top end of the hardtop.

TiciTaci

Banned
I've seen these online and think they look awesome. Pricey and the customer service doesn't get the best reviews.

Leaks can be fixed with silicone and you might be able to find one on eBay for a good price used.

sean.m.adams33

I like the look a lot. Saw their company rigs at TDS and they were awesome. I'm sure with the proper install you will be fine.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
$3400 plus tax and shipping is A LOT of money just for a new hard top. A lot of useful mods can be had with that kind of coin but, that's just me.

BoogieMan

I've seen these online and think they look awesome. Pricey and the customer service doesn't get the best reviews.

Leaks can be fixed with silicone and you might be able to find one on eBay for a good price used.

Thanks, I'll see if I can get a deal on the top on ebay. If not, I'll stick with the stock mopar hardtop.

suicideking

$3400 plus tax and shipping is A LOT of money just for a new hard top. A lot of useful mods can be had with that kind of coin but, that's just me.

Wow! That's crazy!

Yeah, I'd stick with the OEM hardtop at that price. You can probably get one for $1000 - $1500.

pvanweelden

This was a Mercenary fastback I saw a few weeks ago, not a fan of color matched hardtops tho, unless the jeep is black :D

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1370980940298.jpg
    1370980940298.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 173

BoogieMan

Thanks for the find. But that's the same price as the Wildboar Fastback top.

Anyone on this forum ever used the Mercenary fastback tops before? Just curious if it has any leak problems and etc.

MurderedJK

gimmick! if you like the looks of the fastback go with the WAY lesser option and get the Bestop TrektopNX. I have it along with a lot of other guys here and I love mine. The looks always turns heads and people always want to know what top I'm running. TrektopNX is the way to go IMO.

inverseflux

Really glad I found this thread. I've been looking into getting a fastback hard top, but couldn't find pricing on it. Sounds like a skip to me and just roll with a Bestop Trektop NX.

Thanks guys for the input here!

Ranger431

I've been looking into the Trektop for a summer top. You don't need to purchase any other hardware, surrounds, or anything else, right?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a hard-top version of the Bestop Trektop NX or is it only soft-top?

Bestop only makes the soft top. The above mentioned are the closest thing you will find for a hard top and, as you've seen, they cost some serious coin.

Top Bottom