2010 rubi transfer case question

Showroom

Does anyone know if a 2010 rubi transfer case will work in a 2012 auto. It's a 241j not sure if it was from an auto or stick
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371135220.639540.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks.
Any idea what a fair price would be for one? Found one and they are asking 1100

For one that's relatively new and has low miles, that sounds about right. If it's up there in age/miles but in good condition, I'd say $800 is about right.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

The t-case on the left is a NV241-OR rubicon transfer case and the one on the right is just an NV-241. Is it safe to assume you were trying to do an upgrade? and the one on the right is your original t-case? If so, I am sorry for the incorrect information. I thought it should as I have seen it work on manual to manual.

Will fit 12 manual. Not automatic.

Yes, this is correct and I apologize for missing this. The 12's-up on an auto were modified and are now tied into the shift programming. If you have a manual, it will work but not if you have an auto.

suicideking

The t-case on the left is a NV241-OR rubicon transfer case and the one on the right is just an NV-241. Is it safe to assume you were trying to do an upgrade? and the one on the right is your original t-case? If so, I am sorry for the incorrect information. I thought it should as I have seen it work on manual to manual.

Yes, this is correct and I apologize for missing this. The 12's-up on an auto were modified and are now tied into the shift programming. If you have a manual, it will work but not if you have an auto.

So for a '12 auto -- would I need a TC from a 12-14 auto? Or are there others that will work.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So for a '12 auto -- would I need a TC from a 12-14 auto? Or are there others that will work.

Yes. The 2012-up have a new automatic transmission and in addition to the change in the bolt up, it will also have features that will allow your computer to work properly. Manuals still use the same transmission as before and it is not tied into your computer.

suicideking

I guess the main issue is actually finding one for sale. Probably have to be off a totaled Jeep because not many people want to change them out.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug

The NV241-or is the TJ rubi case correct? Is it for Sale? I know my brother David1tontj is looking for a 241-OR Case

Top Bottom