Vent tube to the differential

cuongdyna

My vent tube to the Differential keep on coming out. Does anyone have this problem if so what's the solution?

image-3169545047.jpg

Last edited:

ejvelazquez

I did it for the rear dif but now happening in the front. I'm planning on extending the front one too. Had it happened to anyone else in the front diff too?

cuongdyna

Yes I have extended the hose. I put it back in and it keep on coming out. I guess my question is there a clip that holds it in?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I have extended the hose. I put it back in and it keep on coming out. I guess my question is there a clip that holds it in?

well, it shouldn't come out unless it gets pulled out when flexing. You may need to make it a bit longer our, try to re-route it.

FrankenJeeper

When I extended my breather hoses I put hose clamps on to keep them from getting tugged off by stuff on the trail as well.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371527613.909343.jpg

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Get a slightly smaller ID tub so that it will be tighter. It is possible that your is either stretched or just too big.

FrankenJeeper

I believe it's pressed in. That fitting got pulled out of the AMC 20 rear axle of my CJ and I used JB Weld to re attach it. It's held for 2 years now and hasn't budged.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cuongdyna

image-298228664.jpg

image-4279350125.jpg

This is the metal tube that keep on going out. I think I'll put a little bit of silicone and reinstall it again.

I order a new tube hope that is going to fix the problem.

cuongdyna

Well I reinstalled it and put some silicone around the metal tubing. Problem is now resolved. Went wheeling up in big bear yesterday and did some flexing in the suspension. The hose stay in place.

Before the silicone driving on the freeway would have put the hose out.

image-2470593833.jpg

image-2058091605.jpg

Attachments

• image-1980649831.jpg
    image-1980649831.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

cuongdyna

It was a very nice day and good trail. It's just good to be in the out doors.

image-2880079327.jpg
On our way up to the to Big Bear

image-4029640243.jpg
Going to the trail

image-3968231960.jpg
Saw on the trail

Top Bottom