Shock Help

aaronstephen

Ok, so here's my deal. I have a 2dr Rubi that I plan on just installing an EVO Leveling kit on. I'm gonna trim my fenders to help with the uptravel with 33's or 35's. I'm wanting to keep a low center of gravity.

I would like to spend the extra money on armor and potentially better shocks for more performance on and off road.

How do the Rubi shocks compare to a set of bilstein 5100's or Rancho 7000's? Or should I save and invest in some good reservoir shocks since I like to hit up Silver lake and hit it in the sand on the dunes?

Thanks for your help in advance.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Rubicon shocks are just standard Monroe (Tennaco, maker of Rancho) high pressure gas charged shocks and by comparison, the Bilstein 5100 and Rancho 7000 MT's will offer a better ride. At least in my opinion. Reservoirs are nice to have if you do a lot of long, fast driving over rough terrain but overkill if you're just rock crawling. Being that you do play on the dunes and can jam out there, reservoirs might be beneficial to have.

aaronstephen

The Rubicon shocks are just standard Monroe (Tennaco, maker of Rancho) high pressure gas charged shocks and by comparison, the Bilstein 5100 and Rancho 7000 MT's will offer a better ride. At least in my opinion. Reservoirs are nice to have if you do a lot of long, fast driving over rough terrain but overkill if you're just rock crawling. Being that you do play on the dunes and can jam out there, reservoirs might be beneficial to have.

This is good to know. I didn't know how well the Rubicon shocks stacked up to the bilstein 5100's or the Rancho 7000 MT's.

Thank you for the help

In lue of staring a new thread, not meaning to hijack....similar question on shocks.

If budget is a concern, any comments on the Rancho RS5000? Same as OEM? Slightly better? How's the ride on road? Body roll into corners (off-ramps ect) My Jeep is my DD, and do a lot of on highway driving.

Don't know if I should pull the trigger on these or save up for the RS9000? Don't NEED shocks yet, but I know the time will come soon.

Thanks

Top Bottom