Drop pitman with Currie Currectlynch ??

rdubb1031

Put a Currie Currectlync system on my JKU about 16 months ago. Since that time I've torn 4 boots. Currie is now telling me that I need a drop pitman arm. I'm running a 2007 JKU with 3.5" of lift (2.5" coil , 1" spacer), Teraflex Front control arms. Dynatrac ball joints, bilstein steering stabilizer..

This seems like a reach for me and I feel Currie is doing it to cover their crappy steering joints.. thoughts?

rinkishjk

I totally agree with you. I have been through 2 sets of boots, and I now have the big washer / useless foam disc setup for the tie rod, which is no better than any other options they have. For the price it's should be way better.
Also I have the old style center bar on the tie rod with the big clamps, and I need to get a new center bar as it came loose where the end threads into the rod, and the rod has the split in it.
I need to get the new updated bar with the big jam nuts.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is it safe to assume this problem is occurring on your drag link joints? If so, a dropped pitman arm or, even better, a drag link flip will help to prevent the boot from tearing AND it will help improve your handling. You just need to make sure to relocate your track bar at the same time.

Having said that, it is kinda lame that the boots are failing with just 3.5" of lift.

rdubb1031

Is it safe to assume this problem is occurring on your drag link joints? If so, a dropped pitman arm or, even better, a drag link flip will help to prevent the boot from tearing AND it will help improve your handling. You just need to make sure to relocate your track bar at the same time.

Having said that, it is kinda lame that the boots are failing with just 3.5" of lift.
Torn boots on the DL, chunking on the TRE. That's my feeling exactly. I'm a little pissed Currie is claiming its only because of the DPA.
The good news is that currie DL can be flipped. However I can't seem to find a sleeve for the knuckle end. Do you know of one? Also, any recommendation on a trackbar bracket?

ANY THOUGHTS on the chunking with the TR?

Pixel

My apologies for digging up an old thread but I recently am encountering the same issues. I have a 2007 JKU and installed the Currectlync tie-rod and drag link at the end of July. The other day while driving the steering felt a little odd so I got under the vehicle only to find that the boots are torn, those useless little foam pads (not that I was surprised) are completely gone and my drag link end connecting to the pitman arm is very sloppy. When turning the steering wheel it seems to bind up before a head a loud bang/clunk from it almost like it becomes stuck then breaks itself free. I do not have a drag link flip kit or a dropped pitman arm and when I spoke to Northridge 4x4 and Currie I was told the only thing I would need to make sure I had was proper wheel backspacing as the larger ends would interfere. Any help is greatly appreciated.

rdubb1031

My apologies for digging up an old thread but I recently am encountering the same issues. I have a 2007 JKU and installed the Currectlync tie-rod and drag link at the end of July. The other day while driving the steering felt a little odd so I got under the vehicle only to find that the boots are torn, those useless little foam pads (not that I was surprised) are completely gone and my drag link end connecting to the pitman arm is very sloppy. When turning the steering wheel it seems to bind up before a head a loud bang/clunk from it almost like it becomes stuck then breaks itself free. I do not have a drag link flip kit or a dropped pitman arm and when I spoke to Northridge 4x4 and Currie I was told the only thing I would need to make sure I had was proper wheel backspacing as the larger ends would interfere. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately my help probably isn't what you'll want to hear, but I got rid of the Currie System. I called them an complained and told them I wanted a refund which they gave me. I had documented the many times I had to replace the little pads and boots so it was all on record. They gave me full price back and I had to return them to where I bought them, which was Northridge 4x4. I had NR4x4 installed a Synergy system instead and it has been problem free (knock on wood) since. This is probably going on a year or two now. I wish I wouldn't have wasted my time/money on Currie to begin with as the product never worked.

Pixel

Unfortunately my help probably isn't what you'll want to hear, but I got rid of the Currie System. I called them an complained and told them I wanted a refund which they gave me. I had documented the many times I had to replace the little pads and boots so it was all on record. They gave me full price back and I had to return them to where I bought them, which was Northridge 4x4. I had NR4x4 installed a Synergy system instead and it has been problem free (knock on wood) since. This is probably going on a year or two now. I wish I wouldn't have wasted my time/money on Currie to begin with as the product never worked.

Ah damn. Nope not what I was hoping to hear lol. I also purchased from Northridge 4x4. I was going back and forth with them and Currie before I purchased and went over my setup and planned mods to make sure everything would work out ok etc. I told them I was not doing a dropped pitman arm and didn't have enough lift for a drag link flip at the time and wasn't planning on going any higher right now to even do so. I was told that there would be no problems just to make sure I had enough backspacing to clear the larger ends. I purchased this setup thinking I would only have to do it once...:mad:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
This all surprises me, I was thinking Eddie ran this and spoke highly of this system.

I think he spoke highly of the tie rod, not the drag link. And I think I remember reading somewhere that he went back to the stock tie rod. I'm not 100%.. regardless, Northridge blows

JKbrick

I think he spoke highly of the tie rod, not the drag link. And I think I remember reading somewhere that he went back to the stock tie rod. I'm not 100%.. regardless, Northridge blows

True, I think he did say tie rod, and true, bad business ethics

Top Bottom