replacement clutch

zaid7

my clutch is starting to slip ever so slightly so its time for a upgrade in my 3.8l i no most you run auto but what kind of clutch should i be looking for is there somthing made for jks that can be ridden or easier to use

Eddie answered this question in an earlier thread. He recommended to another member to stay with the OEM. He had over 100,000 miles on his clutch. I have not come to the point where I need to replace it but when I do it will be an OEM. JMHO

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie answered this question in an earlier thread. He recommended to another member to stay with the OEM. He had over 100,000 miles on his clutch. I have not come to the point where I need to replace it but when I do it will be an OEM. JMHO

What he said, I got 115,008 miles on my original clutch and could have easily put on a lot more if it weren't for the fact that we're doing an LS swap. The OEM clutch has worked well for me.

Shinedepotjk

I would like to see if there are any others on the site running anything different then stock. I know some like Eddie that have had great luck but others like my self have not. I'm on my 3rd clutch all under warranty. But starting to go again at 90,000 km on the jeep. Have drove standards all my life including two other jeeps ( not jks ) and never had the problem before. I watched the other posts on clutches also, just weighing out my options.

Jeepmaverick

I run the spec stage 3. My stock burnt out at round 72k miles. I have loved it and haven't had a single problem since install.

Don't know if this matters but my jeep isn't a dd. When I'm at work I drive a truck cause I have to haul heavy loads then anywhere else I drive the jeep so that may be a consideration. Spec has 5 stages of jeep jk clutches, I think the first would be a good dd/weekend warrior clutch but it's been awhile since I researched em. Just google spec jk clutch and you should get plenty of info on the clutch

Jeepmaverick

^^just re read that and it may be confusing. When I said "the first" I meant stage 1. Stage 1 is for normal use and stage 5 will be the most heavy duty, getting stronger as they go up. Each has different uses, I believe the spec website has those uses listed.

Top Bottom