Pikes Peak

BERT.

do you like this kind of race?
you know Sebastien Loeb, world rally champion?
do you think he has realized a feat?
cordially Hervé

GCM 2

Hell yes! That Peugeot absolutely crushed the old record! Some of the old timers don't like the race anymore due to the fact every year a new record is set because the course has more and more paved sections. I still think its awesome that the drivers in every class push the limit so hard with no safety net :icon_crazy:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i wish they still had that few miles of dirt road ont the course. either way its still one hell of a race and fun to watch people push the limits in the Unlimited class each year

MrJ3sser

I think it is one of the coolest street race there is! I too liked it more with the dirt section but it is still one of my faves. That dude crushed the record by over a minute and a half! :crazyeyes:

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Hell yes! That Peugeot absolutely crushed the old record! Some of the old timers don't like the race anymore due to the fact every year a new record is set because the course has more and more paved sections. I still think its awesome that the drivers in every class push the limit so hard with no safety net :icon_crazy:

It's now paved all the way to the top.

Ldogg

Yeah, I preferred the drive when it was dirt for a good portion of it. It added to the excitement of driving up the peak. Haven't driven it since it was fully paved.

Ldogg

I know a couple years ago a local Atv shop was building a can am quad to race in the hill climb. Was a pretty bad ass looking rig too. :)

GCM 2

It's now paved all the way to the top.

It kind of looked liked that from the Internet video I watched it on. I didn't know that it's now paved to the top, any reason why no dirt sections now? That really explains the blazing lay fast record. Also, when I saw the bikes make a few runs I though it was odd they were in on track slicks too. Makes sense now. I still love that race :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It kind of looked liked that from the Internet video I watched it on. I didn't know that it's now paved to the top, any reason why no dirt sections now? That really explains the blazing lay fast record. Also, when I saw the bikes make a few runs I though it was odd they were in on track slicks too. Makes sense now. I still love that race :thumb:

Yup, all paved now and, it was the main reason why Mel was so hot to trot to get us up there on the JKX. That would have been the last time you could have run it on dirt. Sad.

GCM 2

Yup, all paved now and, it was the main reason why Mel was so hot to trot to get us up there on the JKX. That would have been the last time you could have run it on dirt. Sad.

I was really sad that day we got the entrance and were turned around! Still on my list of great races to attend.

Ldogg

It's the only time you can camp out on the peak as far as I know. The weather was really nice this year too.

BERT.

Thank you for your answers. I also think it's a great race and it is unfortunate that there is no longer part of clay.
good day all ...:standing wave:

Top Bottom