Dual battery setup

socc3rakd25

Lookin to switch over to a dual battery setup on my 2011 JK. I've seen the benchmark design setup and a few others. However at jeep beach Genesis offroad released a new setup that seemed pretty awesome. Ordering something within the week so would love to get some opinions on this!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run a MORE dual battery tray and thought that the construction and fitment were great. The only thing I wish it came with is all the electrical connections to make it work. You can get a Painless kit to do this though.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I would NOT send your money to Benchmark under any circumstance. If you can buy a Benchmark tray from a vendor who has it in stock then go for it...otherwise I would look for something else. There are other options for the 3.8 (like Rugged Ridge) but you will have to put together the isolation/charging kit yourself.

That new Genesis system looks nice. I hadn't seen it before and I dig that it works with the Pentastar. It also looks pricey but sometimes you get what you pay for. I like the way the battery straps control cable placement. That is definitely a plus in my book. I say go for the Genesis!

Paisano

Running the M.O.R.E. dual battery tray in my rig. Fits perfect, secure, and got the job done.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dstock

I had the Rugged Ridge dual battery tray in my 2010, which was sturdy and worked great. I am ordering a MORE for my 2013 as it looked to be the only one at the time I ordered that would fit dual Diehard Platinums. The Genesis version looks like a very nice complete and tidy package and I would be tempted to go with it if I was starting from scratch.
I wanted in cab monitoring of both batteries so I went with a National Luna Split charge system which has worked very well. I went with their kit but if I had to do it over I would just get the two main components, the intelligent solenoid and the controller because when running it with a winch, you need to upgrade the wiring and you don't need the fuses that are supplied in the kit.

I can dig up some pics if you like.

socc3rakd25

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm gonna go with the Genesis setup. Please post on here if you've heard from anyone who has this setup. It seems awesome, I'd just love to here if it's been tried and tested by anyone here on the forum

Last edited:
Top Bottom