Trektop nx with out spare tire

Punisher

Hello, I am hoping that someone has a picture of a JKU with the trektop Nx on without the spare tire carrier or any spare tire for that matter. I tried the search on here and couldnt find anything. I put a jcr dagger rear bumper and a poison spider tramp stamp on my jeep. looking to get a trektop but feel it will not look right with out a spare on it. Hope I can see some pictures, thanks

StrizzyChris

look at my build thread(link in my signature below). tons of pics of my trektop NX install and pics of it with no spare after it was done

suicideking

Hello, I am hoping that someone has a picture of a JKU with the trektop Nx on without the spare tire carrier or any spare tire for that matter. I tried the search on here and couldnt find anything. I put a jcr dagger rear bumper and a poison spider tramp stamp on my jeep. looking to get a trektop but feel it will not look right with out a spare on it. Hope I can see some pictures, thanks

How was the install of the rear jcr? Any pics?

suicideking

Do you guys with no spare keep it in the rear storage? I've been thinking about doing that, but have the OEM soft top. Not sure if it would fold up well with the spare in the back.

Mounting a tire in the rear storage would definintely be less expensive than a tire carrier though. Plus it would be nice to lose the weight back there.

Punisher

Sorry guys I didnt take any pics of the install, but I will say it was a pain to install, even after cutting the frame, I had to modify the brackets to fit and had to use the factory bumper bolts due to the ones that came with it were the wrong size. I can say though I love the bumper, here a picture of the finished job 20130705_160957.jpg

Army_Vet

Banned
+1 on this question

Do you guys with no spare keep it in the rear storage? I've been thinking about doing that, but have the OEM soft top. Not sure if it would fold up well with the spare in the back.

Mounting a tire in the rear storage would definintely be less expensive than a tire carrier though. Plus it would be nice to lose the weight back there.

I was wondering the same thing.....

Punisher

StrizzyChris and Overlander your jeeps looks great, thanks for the picture, as for my spare, I usually keep it in the garage until I go out wheeling then I just throw it in the back. Fold the rear seats down

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I run my spare on the stock carrier until I get the EVO tire carrier. Here is it with the stock carrier.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373060288.877863.jpg

Here is what I have done in the past. Fold down the rear seat and put the tire on that with ratchet straps to hold it in place.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373060367.109746.jpg

suicideking

Sorry guys I didnt take any pics of the install, but I will say it was a pain to install, even after cutting the frame, I had to modify the brackets to fit and had to use the factory bumper bolts due to the ones that came with it were the wrong size. I can say though I love the bumper, here a picture of the finished job View attachment 38672

Unfortunately, that's what I've read from people that have installed this bumper. I love the look, perfect minimal design. Not sure I would take a chance on it though considering all had problems with the install.

I run my spare on the stock carrier until I get the EVO tire carrier. Here is it with the stock carrier.

Here is what I have done in the past. Fold down the rear seat and put the tire on that with ratchet straps to hold it in place.

I thought about doing this too, but not sure I like the idea of giving up the storage. I use my Jeep for work and often transport large boxes.

I'm not a huge fan of the Evo carrier though. Nice, but a little to bulky. I like the Teraflex, but overpriced. I'll probably end up with the OR Fab carrier.

Last edited:

Punisher

It was a pain, even after reading some other posts about it not fitting correctly I still bought it, I like the look, it is built very well, I have the jcr front stubby dagger and had no problems with it at all. All it took was a little more grinding and a little more drilling and if fit like a glove. I am going to go with the teraflex tire carrier once I have the money. I figure I am only running 35 so it shouldnt be a problem

Top Bottom