Switch installation question

Ben-0

Just got a light bar and almost done with the installation just need to put the switch by the hazard light just not sure how to pop that plastic off without breaking it so figured I'd ask first here
Thanks guys

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Be very careful. I have seen only a few people successfully put a switch in there. Basically, it's a mini-computer board running the lockers/swaybar disconnect/hazards. It's not just blank space with a bunch of room behind the blank.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I don't know the answer for certain. I'm pretty sure the board will still be there but I could certainly be wrong.

Try looking for a schematic online to make sure, or just take your time when you start peeking around. I'm certainly not trying to rain on your plans, I just don't want to see you accidentally jack up some electronics that could be costly to fix.

ziggy

Well I don't have the lockers/swaybars...does that help my chances?

No it doesn't help your chances. The PCB board still runs the length of the switch panel. I have seen it done once; with a very shallow mounting switch, but I would not recommend it.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^ I figured as much. If memory serves, the PCB is connected to the canbus so you can really screw things up if you damage the PCB.

bl17z90

I like the idea of mountig switches on the a pillar. I beleive Daystar and Rugged Ridge both make a replacement molding that accepts switches.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Pillar mounts look great. Check meants' build thread to see the setup I just installed for him. The otrattw horizontal switches look so nice in person. One thing to remember is that the pillar mount will NOT work with an aftermarket sport cage.

Edit: here is a link. http://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=134148

Last edited:
Top Bottom