Jk slave cylinder leak

Fmj2003

I noticed my clutch was spongy feeling and checked my brake resorvoir and it was low. The leak seems to be very slow. Just a couple drops over night. I determed the leak is from the slave cylinder.
My question- is it safe to drive the jeep until my new slave cylinder comes in?
Thanks

Fmj2003

Thanks, my main worry was about it gettin on the clutch disc and burning it up. So as long as there a slight leak you believe it's safe?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, my main worry was about it gettin on the clutch disc and burning it up. So as long as there a slight leak you believe it's safe?

Trust me, the almost 120,000 miles that I put on my manual transmission, I have gone through 3 slave cylinders but, still run the original clutch. So long as you make sure to not let your master cylinder run low enough that it effects your slave, you will be fine.

Fmj2003

Cool thanks for the quick response. I've been worried about driving it since I didn't want a $70 repair to turn into replacing a clutch too. I feel much better now.

TangoJk

So long as you make sure that your master cylinder is full, you will be fine.

Hey guys I know this is an old thread but replacing mine later the slave on the Jk's is a separate serviceable piece correct? Not an entire assembly? I'm used to the old jeep way on the Tj and xj's.

Top Bottom