Pro Rock 60 Question

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Just wandering if anyone has run a PR 60 up front with a factory 44 rear with 37s. Im thinking of running this next year. Any potential problems foreseen?

rockcrawler26

When I talked to Dynatrac they said the issue would be the bolt pattern. I was going to get rid of the 30 but now will wait for two 60's.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Berzerker

When I talked to Dynatrac they said the issue would be the bolt pattern. I was going to get rid of the 30 but now will wait for two 60's.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

They make a PR60 thats 5 on 5, or so I was told.

pvanweelden

^ ask what the inner shaft spline count is if it is 5x5, might be only 30 spline :mad:

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

munstie

Are you able to buy wheelspacers for the 44 to match the 60 bolt pattern??

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

rtguy1

They make a PR60 thats 5 on 5, or so I was told.

they dont make a 5x5 front 60. you can get wheel adapters to work with your wheels but depending on your backspace you will be failry wide. the 60 will be 3" wider as is and the adapters will add another 1.5" to each side, so 3" wider on both sides. you will only be able to get 1.75" spacers on the rear so you will be wider up front when using the adapters. if you are staying with 37's consider the pr44

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just wandering if anyone has run a PR 60 up front with a factory 44 rear with 37s. Im thinking of running this next year. Any potential problems foreseen?

Done this running 40's and here are the problems you will face. 1.) You will need to get wheel adapters to accommodate the 5x5.5 wheels you'll need for your PR60 or, you will need to run 2 different set of wheels. 2.) If you don't run wheel adapters, your front axle/tires will sit wider than your rear. If you run a 5.38 ring and pinion, you will run the risk of breaking it in your 44 due to the pinion being so small - ask me how I know.

Berzerker

Well what I'm trying to figure out is should I go with 2 PR 60s or just throw a PR44 up front. They only thing stoping me from running a pr44 is the the damage that the dynomax jk took on carnage canyon. I love wheeling around Leadville and want to take some of the harder trails.

Well what I'm trying to figure out is should I go with 2 PR 60s or just throw a PR44 up front. They only thing stoping me from running a pr44 is the the damage that the dynomax jk took on carnage canyon. I love wheeling around Leadville and want to take some of the harder trails.

So for us the housing itself was never an issue, it was the axle shafts (chromo) that we snapped that took out the ball joints. Since then we have switched to RCV's and Dynatrac's ball joints on 5.13's running competition stickies on that JK (now our JK-8) with no issues whatsoever. We will never run 40's on our JK but if we did, we would eye a 60. :)

Berzerker

So for us the housing itself was never an issue, it was the axle shafts (chromo) that we snapped that took out the ball joints. Since then we have switched to RCV's and Dynatrac's ball joints on 5.13's running competition stickies on that JK (now our JK-8) with no issues whatsoever. We will never run 40's on our JK but if we did, we would eye a 60. :)

Thanks, that's what had me worried. I appreciate the info!

Top Bottom