Random Chime

JaySC

Been having random chimes with either a quick dash light or sometimes no dash light at all. The jeep chimes once every now and again. The only things I can think of are the new Superchips Traildash I installed or the fact that I took out the TPMS from my wheels. When I start the jeep, I would get the TPMS light on the dash with several chimes. However, I used Superchips to turn off my TPMS, so now there are no chimes or light when I start my jeep. But I still get the occasional random chime...anyone else know what is causing this?

So far, the jeep drives great...it's just super annoying to me. Sounds almost like a seatbelt chime. I'd like to be able to shut it off.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you have a 2008 with an automatic, a mystery ding without any MIL on your dash typically means your transmission is getting too hot.

JaySC

Not sure how accurate the Traildash is but the chime will come on even when my trans temp is only about 130 degrees or so. I tested it in my driveway.

When my trans would get too hot out on the trails I would get a hot oil warning. Also, I did previously install a trans cooler. Could it be something else?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JaySC

Eddie habe you had any problems on your Traildash when changing out PIDs? I get some weird error codes when I switch out certain PIDs.

I'm wondering if that is causing the chime, or if it is due to the fact that I used my Traildash to turn off the tpms light.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We have our Traildash on Moby and it was a manual so, we never had issues like that come up. Sorry.

JaySC

Gotcha. Thanks for your help tho.. I'll try to give Superchips a call and see if they know anything.

Top Bottom