Jeep JK Wrangler Grade 8 Replacement Bolts - Do I Really Need Them?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
No bolts. Only one bolt yet. From trackbar.

I just put the proper inch bolt after that and have no issues now. With hard torque you just mask the engineering miscalculation. It is better when you have well tightened PROPER bolt. IMHO.

Do a little research into how bolts work and you'll understand how stupid this sounds

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
In the industry I was in for 30 years, torque specifications are relied on religiously...many fasteners have torque ranges within only 5 in/lbs...and people have lost their lives when torque specs were overlooked or just ignored.

While there may be instances in which a "engineering miscalculation " may have occurred (extremely rare in the automotive industry), the mistake would have surfaced much sooner in a fastener that has been used in an application of over a decade duration.

Alexander

Do a little research into how bolts work and you'll understand how stupid this sounds

Do not exaggerate. It's not so stupid for a non-professional in this point. :)
I did a little research. I have read some information about bolted connections.
Most likely we are talking about tolerances for bolt fasteners.
Tolerances for bolted connections depend on the application.
When designing a Jeep suspension, Chrysler engineers chose the accuracy of the bolted joint that they chose.
Probably 0.3 mm is enough accuracy. Enough for this type of connection.
Now I know more. Thank you.

BaddestCross

Hey, a guy that actually takes some sarcastic criticism, rolls with the punches, does some additional research, and then admits he was wrong. Almost like finding a unicorn. 👍 😂

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
metric vs imperial

In fact the grade 8 "kit" was created to let people have fun playing a round with different size spanners, ratchets sockets and bolts......not to mention the torquewrench(s)...because everyone knows you don't torque metric and imperial (coarse or fine) the same way.;);)

I'm there and still have to find where i had stashed my metric bolts to revert......and have one (1) set of tools.....:naw:

Top Bottom