Which Winch?

Army_Vet

Banned
To not start a new thread...what do you do when there are no trees around and you are stuck?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

There are many field expedient methods for making your own anchor; all are a pain in the ass to pull off; and all require you to carry extra stuff.

For example..... you could dig a deadman anchor....

In5ane1

There are many field expedient methods for making your own anchor; all are a pain in the ass to pull off; and all require you to carry extra stuff.

For example..... you could dig a deadman anchor....

I've heard of burying a tire...but that sounds pretty painful.

Army_Vet

Banned

It is; search for an army recovery manual... you should come up with many different examples of a dead man anchor. also one that involves no digging.... just a teaser for those interested...

JKbrick

Does no one run the Warn 9500 rock crawling winch because of cost? Or only 50' of rope? It is light at 50 pounds and comes with synth rope but I've yet to see even one on here

Wizard

I did this one day when I got stuck on a sandy track leading down onto a beach. Winch out every little tree I could reach with the winch cable, then had to resort to burying the spare. Pulled it out a couple of times before I got it right. Hard work that's for sure, and not as easy as it sounds.

Top Bottom