VIDEO : NuShooz for MOBY - A First Look at the All New 40" Cooper STT Pro Tires

wario

I've got the 35's and they look like street tires compared to yours! Wow! Sweet rig and nice vid of the grip.

segt99

Awesome Tires

I am glad to see you guys are running the Coopers. I have been running them since I got into Jeeps. I had often wondered why they were always the overlooked tire and tire brand. I wouldn't buy anything else for my Jeep!

Ddays

Hooked
Hey Eddie, being that these 40's are the 'C' load rated vs the 'E' load on the 37's curious how difficult those beads were to get over the lip of the wheel?
My 37's were a mother to get over the bead Is there any difference? And paying $25 to dismount 5 wheels is a bargain!

DIRTYHR

IMPRESSIVE!! I can't believe my jeep could actually look like & do that...EVENTUALLY LOL haha probably not but I'll NEVER stop trying. Very NICE congrats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What about a PR44 front and Trail Series 60 rear? That's likely what my final axle set up is going to end at. 40" may not be in my future dammit lol

You can run 40" tires on a Dana 30 if you really want but I wouldn't recommend it. The biggest problem is that with 40's, you really want to be running 5.38 gears and with the setup you're wanting to run, that'll leave you with a really small pinion in the 44. More than your housing or shafts, this is where I'd see a break happening especially with such big tires and that'll leave you having a bad day.

looks awesome Eddie, those really seem to get the job done. like the short video, thanks for sharing!

Thanks! You've been out on some of these obstacles and so you know what they're like. The tires really do get the job done and nicely :yup:

Nice video! I will be getting new rubber soon too and I'm not looking forward to the KMC slab fun!

LOL!! Gotta love working on bead locks :crazyeyes:

Wow really? About $100 cheaper each very nice I like that price and those lugs on those tires are big and the spacing in between I like very impressive
There isn't anything online for the 40's yet but here's a quick comparison of price between a 37" STT Pro and a Trail Grappler.

Cooper Discoverer STT Pro 37x13.50R17
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...37x13.50x17&sprefix=cooper+stt+pro+37,aps,213

Nitto Trail Grappler 37x12.50R17
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...37x12.50x17&qid=1456782952&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

The tires are so big they needed an entire tractor trailor to themselves. :D

:cheesy: I think that was about the reaction that we had :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The rubber is looking good...what pressure were you running them on in the video?

If you can believe it, about 15 psi. There's no way in hell we could get our Toyos to squash out and wrap around rocks like this with anything more than 8 psi. It's all in the design of the tire.

I've got the 35's and they look like street tires compared to yours! Wow! Sweet rig and nice vid of the grip.

LOL!! I'll have to get a shot of Moby with his 40's next to Renny with his 225 :crazyeyes:

Those Coopers look fantastic! Great video, thank you for sharing. 😃

Thanks! We're glad you liked the video and we absolutely LOVE these tires :yup:

Nice :thumb: must have felt like Christmas morning seeing that truck delivering those massive tires :D

You know it! Truck came in late Friday and had a few projects we were working on so we couldn't start working on the tires until Saturday afternoon. By Sunday morning, we had all the wheels dismounted and had them installed on our new Coopers by that afternoon. And, as you can see, we immediately went to the mall to test them out :yup:

Those look fantastic. I love the money shot of Moby at the end.
:thumb:

Dave

Thanks! It sure is nice to have a place like it just down the street to test things out :yup:

I'm sold......next set are STT Pro's albeit in a smaller euro legal size....:mad:

I think you'll like them a lot.

I am glad to see you guys are running the Coopers. I have been running them since I got into Jeeps. I had often wondered why they were always the overlooked tire and tire brand. I wouldn't buy anything else for my Jeep!

Honestly, I'm not sure either. Probably because they don't have any rockstars pimping them. :crazyeyes: Cindy and I really loved the look of them when we first saw them and we're so glad that we gave them a try. We really do love them. :yup:

Hey Eddie, being that these 40's are the 'C' load rated vs the 'E' load on the 37's curious how difficult those beads were to get over the lip of the wheel?
My 37's were a mother to get over the bead Is there any difference? And paying $25 to dismount 5 wheels is a bargain!

Funny you should ask, these 40's with their Range C load rating AND bigger sidewalls did make it a LOT easier to install and get it over the lip. As far as the $25 go, that's why I stopped dismounting my own tires.

IMPRESSIVE!! I can't believe my jeep could actually look like & do that...EVENTUALLY LOL haha probably not but I'll NEVER stop trying. Very NICE congrats

LOL!! If you were to ask me almost 10 years ago what my Jeep could look like, I can assure you that what you see now, never came into mind. :crazyeyes:

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Next time, I do beadlocks, I will teach how to do them. :icon_crazy::beer:

click, click, click, click (The torque wrench hundreds of times....)

Great video! Which part of the work did the tire shop do? It looked to me like you guys did everything at home. I'm not really familiar with bead lock installation anyways.

swampdog

Love the video. The tires looked like they hooked well. The only thing it was missing was that oh-so satisfying pop of the bead setting on the tire.

Discount Tire

Thanks for the Awesome video. Love the look of the Cooper STT Pro's on Moby. That is some serious sidewall flex.

Nice job on the video showing the process of replacing tires with beadlock wheels.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
click, click, click, click (The torque wrench hundreds of times....)

:cheesy: yep, that's about it :icon_crazy:

Tires look amazing Eddie! They looked like they were hooking up nicely with ease

Thanks! After seeing how well they performed on Rubicat, we knew we had to get a set for Moby :yup:

Love the video. The tires looked like they hooked well. The only thing it was missing was that oh-so satisfying pop of the bead setting on the tire.

Ya know, only 2 of the 5 tires made the "pop" and even at that, it was just a tiny one. I don't know if it's because the lip of the tire is so thick or something with the wheels but we did try catching it on film and missed it :idontknow:

Thanks for the Awesome video. Love the look of the Cooper STT Pro's on Moby. That is some serious sidewall flex.

Nice job on the video showing the process of replacing tires with beadlock wheels.

Thanks! Glad you liked it. I just wish my local Discount Tire would help me out instead of trying to explain to me what they can't do as if I'm some kind of an idiot. I mean, I get that you aren't allowed to work on vehicles with wheel spacers or install tires on bead locks but all I wanted was for them to dismount my already broken down tires from the wheels. Your guys literally tried telling me how this was impossible in spite of the fact that I've done this countless times. I am sad to say that 2 of your competitors in my town have been far more welcoming, knowledgeable and eager to help.

RubiMyers

VIDEO : NuShooz for MOBY - A First Look at the All New 40" Cooper STT Pro Tires

Great video, tires look great!!
Stinks to hear that about Discount Tire, my local store here game me a few lines about safety and upgrading to 40s on my Jeep and basically wouldn't sell them to me so I had stuck with 37s. Still good service, just wish they would keep opinions to themselves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom