SMORR June 13th-14th

Kickrocks

Yes, Pic please. I have to buy either door guards or tube doors. Wife doesn't want to scratch the paint. LOL

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Just go doorless?

^^This^^ It'll be June, warm enough to go doorless. That's my plan, hopefully we'll be on the first floor of the hotel so I don't have to carry those heavy bastards up a couple flights of stairs :grayno:

jedg

Below are some links to videos of a couple of the climbs.

For those that stated they are worried about scratches, that will a problem. Many of the trails are VERY tight so brush will scratch your vehicle. If you're just worried about dents, then you should be okay for the level-2 trails. Some level-3 trails might hurt a stock jeep (example is the trail called stocker-stopper) but we had some with use that made it through several of the level-3 trails.

As for bypasses, it seemed that some of the obstacles had bypasses and others didn't.

My trail damage tally for the weekend - driver's rear bumper is pushed upward to the point that the bottom of the tailgate rubs the bumper (it's a cheap rugged ridge bumper). My OEM drag ling has a bad balljoint at the axle side now. That's the total on my damage.

My jeep as it was configured for this weekend - 2.5" max travel RK springs, currie control arms (all eight), OME LT shocks, 2 inch bump in the front, 2 in bump in the rear, 35" KM2s running at 14psi on stock 17" rims, front and rear rubicon e-lockers.

I made it up the level-4 section of black mamba - https://youtu.be/_SRru2sS5rQ

Also did a level-4/5 on Larry's Hill. This is a video of the fellow behind me while I filmed from the top - http://youtu.be/Bhos0RFBDPg

I'll post up some pictures once I make sure I don't post ones that show up as huge.

Oh yeah, last thought - those that had that JK steps (those steps that come on the sports and such) did not fair well, two of them were ripped off. Also, the highway-type tires of the JK sports didn't do so good. Had four tires get cuts in the sidewalls, all of them the highway type tires of the JK sports.

xflstl

Below are some links to videos of a couple of the climbs.

For those that stated they are worried about scratches, that will a problem. Many of the trails are VERY tight so brush will scratch your vehicle. If you're just worried about dents, then you should be okay for the level-2 trails. Some level-3 trails might hurt a stock jeep (example is the trail called stocker-stopper) but we had some with use that made it through several of the level-3 trails.

As for bypasses, it seemed that some of the obstacles had bypasses and others didn't.

My trail damage tally for the weekend - driver's rear bumper is pushed upward to the point that the bottom of the tailgate rubs the bumper (it's a cheap rugged ridge bumper). My OEM drag ling has a bad balljoint at the axle side now. That's the total on my damage.

My jeep as it was configured for this weekend - 2.5" max travel RK springs, currie control arms (all eight), OME LT shocks, 2 inch bump in the front, 2 in bump in the rear, 35" KM2s running at 14psi on stock 17" rims, front and rear rubicon e-lockers.

I made it up the level-4 section of black mamba - https://youtu.be/_SRru2sS5rQ

Also did a level-4/5 on Larry's Hill. This is a video of the fellow behind me while I filmed from the top - http://youtu.be/Bhos0RFBDPg

I'll post up some pictures once I make sure I don't post ones that show up as huge.

Oh yeah, last thought - those that had that JK steps (those steps that come on the sports and such) did not fair well, two of them were ripped off. Also, the highway-type tires of the JK sports didn't do so good. Had four tires get cuts in the sidewalls, all of them the highway type tires of the JK sports.

Thanks for the great scouting report!!!!!

jedg

Some pictures of some of the trails at SMORR.

Some of the trails are tight and require 4DRs to back up to make the turn:

tight.jpg

A photo of Larry's Hill (level-4/5) from the bottom. That first ledge comes to between knee and waist height on a fella.

Larrys-Hill-3.jpg

I don't remember what trail this is other than it's a level-2

climb.jpg

Also on the same trail as above, a level-2 ( I can't figure out how to rotate this danged thing)

decent.jpg

jedg

Well, dang, I keep thinking of stuff. As I said, I spoke to one of the works as well as one of the owners (Brandon). If you plan on staying in a hotel or using one of the electric camping/RV sites, you should call and get reservations ASAP. There is a charity event that weekend as well and it usually has a large showing. If you're primitive camping (like us), then you will be fine as there's lots of room for tents.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the report. Not too worried about the scratches, but I'll hopefully run doorless and topless if the weather is nice. Don't really care to get any dents:grayno: Getting excited, can't wait, gonna be a blast!:rock:

jedg

Thanks for the report. Not too worried about the scratches, but I'll hopefully run doorless and topless if the weather is nice. Don't really care to get any dents:grayno: Getting excited, can't wait, gonna be a blast!:rock:

The dents are something you can avoid here if you choose the level-2 or level-3 stuff.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
The dents are something you can avoid here if you choose the level-2 or level-3 stuff.

Ok, do what I can to avoid the dents. Think I might pull my stock rear bumper off before we go, just to keep from trashing it or shoving it into the tub

BlackHawk08jk

Can we store doors/tops at your place since you're close by?

Yep that's good by me. Anyone that wants to drive down with your doors but don't want to run them you can leave them in my garage before we head out. Tops are welcome as well.

Last edited:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Yep that's good by me. Anyone that wants to drive down with your doors but don't want to run them you can leave them in my garage before we head out. Tops are welcome as well.

Might leave my doors at your place Saturday morning before we head to the park if the weather is nice. Gotta try and get them loose before we go, they haven't been off in over a year :shock: Guess I'll put my soft top on too for this trip...how are the car break-ins down in Springtown these days?

BlackHawk08jk

Might leave my doors at your place Saturday morning before we head to the park if the weather is nice. Gotta try and get them loose before we go, they haven't been off in over a year :shock: Guess I'll put my soft top on too for this trip...how are the car break-ins down in Springtown these days?

Most of them are on the north side of town. So you should be ok. I run my soft top all the time with no trouble.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Anyone have a good video camera or even a still photo camera to take good vids/pics to post...please bring them along.

Top Bottom