Does it make sense to buy a rubicon?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am going out right now to buy a big hat and get the overlanding manual and teach you all whets what....:icon_crazy::icon_crazy:lol

nice try but, you would need a roof rack and snorkel before you could have anything useful to say :cheesy:

ZERO LIMITZ

I purchased a Rubicon because, when I purchased it I knew it was going to be my daily driver but I also wanted to be able to play when I had the opportunity. After I went out one time in it the mod bug bit me and now I'm going bigger and modding way more than i ever planned on..... But I have no regrets in buying a Rubicon

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Not everyone can instantly dump $15k into a sport to make it like a Rubicon. I bought a Rubicon knowing my build would take a lot of time...and also knowing that in its stock form it would take me places that other vehicles (even lifted vehicles without lockers and sway bar disconnects) simply can't go.

I can disconnect my front sway bar, lock my rear axle, and slowly climb up rutted, loose, steep hills that threw fits at my old K5 Blazer with a 4" lift. I used to have to keep momentum and go balls to the wall (and keep the stereo cranked so I didn't hear what I was breaking) whereas now I can can drive slow, controlled, and go easy on my rig. For me, the Rubicon was well worth the price of admission.

Prime8

Chairokey, I'm really glad you started this thread. I was orginally of the mindset "buy cheap and upgrade" but after months and months of researching and talking and reading, I made up my mind on trading up to a '13 Rubicon a couple months back, once October rolls around... I picked Eddie's brain extensively over the matter and was feeling confident in my decision. This thread helped me solidify that mindset even further. So thanks for a great topic. Now, I just need to get EVO to use my new jeep as their "will our current designs work on the new 2013" guinea pig and I'll be all set! Haha.

TX_JK

23gehbv

Don't let the Rubicon haters get you down. LOL :cheesy:

Chairokey

Prime8 said:
Chairokey, I'm really glad you started this thread. I was orginally of the mindset "buy cheap and upgrade" but after months and months of researching and talking and reading, I made up my mind on trading up to a '13 Rubicon a couple months back, once October rolls around... I picked Eddie's brain extensively over the matter and was feeling confident in my decision. This thread helped me solidify that mindset even further. So thanks for a great topic. Now, I just need to get EVO to use my new jeep as their "will our current designs work on the new 2013" guinea pig and I'll be all set! Haha.

Haha no problem. You know.. I'm a little disappointed now that I bought the 2 door sport. It wasn't until after I bought the jeep that I started to watch jeep videos. I always knew I wanted one but never knew what real wheeling was. In hindsight I really wish I would have held out for a rubicon unlimited. I've got half a mind right now to instead of upgrading my jeep, putting all that "upgrade money" into paying alot of this thing off and trading it in for a 2013 rubicon unlimited. Of course thats assuming they stick with the pentastar or something even better. Otherwise I'd be fine with a lightly used 2012 model :)

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Not everyone can instantly dump $15k into a sport to make it like a Rubicon. I bought a Rubicon knowing my build would take a lot of time...and also knowing that in its stock form it would take me places that other vehicles (even lifted vehicles without lockers and sway bar disconnects) simply can't go.

I can disconnect my front sway bar, lock my rear axle, and slowly climb up rutted, loose, steep hills that threw fits at my old K5 Blazer with a 4" lift. I used to have to keep momentum and go balls to the wall (and keep the stereo cranked so I didn't hear what I was breaking) whereas now I can can drive slow, controlled, and go easy on my rig. For me, the Rubicon was well worth the price of admission.

good advice

Top Bottom