15 Anvil JKUR HR Build

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Looking good...I like that color a lot

Kinda weird how the AEV tire carrier is just a touch off center, are they all like that? I never noticed it before on the AEV stuff

They're all like that. I'm used to it now though. From what I understand, the idea was to leave the gate handle more accessible with a large tire on the carrier.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Had a few extra minutes tonight to drink a beer so I started my fender trim. 1 rear done. Sorry for the shitty pictures. Had to fish my phone out of a catch pan full of gear oil the other day so it's all jacked up.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459569289.732120.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459569305.914975.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Finished off my fender trim. Looks much better in my opinion.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460251608.680136.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460251625.595478.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460251645.462845.jpg

After cleaning up all the plastic shit all over my garage, this is the next project.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460251707.896514.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Thanks! I have an Anvil 2dr and I was wondering where I could get some matching paint for stuff like that.

Yea no worries. If you're gonna do the rings like I did I would suggest 2 cans of color. I only got one and it was barely enough for two coats. One can of clear is fine though.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
So it was a busy weekend of working on the Jeep and drinking beers but I made some more progress.
I was surprisingly okay with drilling holes in the body. Maybe the beer had something to do with it. I thought these would be easy to do solo but ended up calling a buddy to help. Couldn't clamp in enough places to be confident everything was lined up properly so it was nice to have an extra set of hands. And the Astro nutsert tool made things much easier. Thanks for the tip WAL.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460341049.309761.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460341068.707390.jpg

Also installed a Switch Pros setup. This thing is pretty cool and doesn't hardly take up any space.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460341173.081664.jpg

Routed switch panel wiring alongside the rear washer fluid line. I'll seal that up with RTV.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460341270.801279.jpg

Figured this was as good of place as any to mount the switch panel....plus it was easy.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460341362.896378.jpg

Next I mounted up some Rigid dually spots on the A-pillars and wired them in.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460341511.765265.jpg

So here's how she sits now.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460341549.831051.jpg

I have some Rigid dually floods that I'll install on the tire carrier for rear facing lights. EVO sliders should be here Tuesday so I'll hopefully have them on by this weekend. I'm thinking maybe the next mod will be a sport cage. Oh and I forgot, I also have a 10lb CO2 setup that should be here this week as well.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
So in between honey-do's I managed to get my sliders painted up and burned on. These things are stout. Looking forward to beating the shit out of them. I'm in need of some sort of removable step for the wife so if you have any ideas, let me know. I've seen the stirrup but looking for something a little more rigid.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461033571.801755.jpg

I also got the Rigid Dually floods hooked up on the tire carrier. These should come in handy on the trail as well as setting up camp and shit like that. They put out a ton of widespread light. And it's pretty cool that with the Switch Pro's I can turn the on and of via Bluetooth.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461033791.135721.jpg

So now that sliders are back on I need to find some time to get down to Carnegie (our local 4x4 playground) to test everything out and check for any issues prior to the first spring trail run.

RedRum

So in between honey-do's I managed to get my sliders painted up and burned on. These things are stout. Looking forward to beating the shit out of them. I'm in need of some sort of removable step for the wife so if you have any ideas, let me know. I've seen the stirrup but looking for something a little more rigid.
View attachment 199237

I also got the Rigid Dually floods hooked up on the tire carrier. These should come in handy on the trail as well as setting up camp and shit like that. They put out a ton of widespread light. And it's pretty cool that with the Switch Pro's I can turn the on and of via Bluetooth.
View attachment 199238

So now that sliders are back on I need to find some time to get down to Carnegie (our local 4x4 playground) to test everything out and check for any issues prior to the first spring trail run.

Damn looks good !! I'm second guessing myself for not ordering the Evo skins ...

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Thanks fellas. Yea the Evo stuff is nice and I have no regrets purchasing it. Looking at sport cages now and can't really decide between the Rockhard and PSC. Any comments about either?

Rockhard. Welds look like boogers but it is the best otherwise for sure. No squeaks, rattles etc.

Heholua

Thanks. I'm leaning g towards the Rockhard based on research and reviews. Read about issues with the PSC not having the windshield support. But I thought PSC was manufactured in California?

It is still made in Banning, California. That's my only drawback to the PSC cage as well.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks. I'm leaning g towards the Rockhard based on research and reviews. Read about issues with the PSC not having the windshield support. But I thought PSC was manufactured in California?

It is still made in Banning, California. That's my only drawback to the PSC cage as well.

That is incorrect. Only thing still made in California is bumpers, for a short time longer.

Top Bottom