15 Anvil JKUR HR Build

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
So a few weekends ago we were heading to a wedding when my buddy spun out in his corvette and went off the road. He jumped out and grabbed his 2.5 lb extinguisher thinking there was a fire but it was just tire smoke. It was super dry where we were up in the Sierras. A couple of us helped push the car back on the road and as we did the headers caught the tall dry grass on fire. One buddy quickly grabbed the fire extinguisher that was already sitting out and I swear it was the last dribble that put the fire out. I was not impressed with the capacity of that extinguisher. If the fire was any bigger or wasn't already out and accessible, (I'd say this was 2-3 feet diameter and about 3 foot flames) we'd have had a forest fire on our hands. So this really got me questioning the extinguisher in my jeep since it's the same size. I went to fill up my CO2 tank before a recent run and was telling the dude there this story. He goes "I can't have you running around in that jeep with that little extinguisher, you might as well piss on a fire". So he goes and grabs me a 5 lb and just gives it to me free of charge. :thumb: So today I swapped them out. Since the new one is quite a bit heavier I ditched my Velcro mount and got a Drake quick release.

Before
IMG_1477625547.179131.jpg
After
IMG_1477625570.648410.jpg

Curious what everyone else's thoughts are or what you carry? I've used plenty of extinguishers at work but this was the first time I've seen how weak the little guys are. Anyways, I feel a little better now and as a major plus it was free.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SJCJK

Great build! I have a '15 anvil that needs a lift and 37's... finally ready $$ and will power to do it.

How do you like your JSpec? I'm between that and the Evo Enforcer 4" w/ Foxes. With Drag Link flip. Good kit for DIY? Anything you would change?

Also, I notice you're in Nor Cal... i'm in San Jose. Do you know any members in SJ? Or shops you recommend in case I get in over my head?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Great build! I have a '15 anvil that needs a lift and 37's... finally ready $$ and will power to do it.

How do you like your JSpec? I'm between that and the Evo Enforcer 4" w/ Foxes. With Drag Link flip. Good kit for DIY? Anything you would change?

Also, I notice you're in Nor Cal... i'm in San Jose. Do you know any members in SJ? Or shops you recommend in case I get in over my head?

Thanks!!

Thanks. Yea I really like the Jspec kit. It rides nice on and off road. Only thing I would change is getting extended brake lines instead of using the relocation brackets the kit comes with. The kit is easy to install if you have little experience wrenching. If I remember correctly the instructions were pretty good. You could always read them online prior to getting the kit to see what you're in for. But you couldn't go wrong with the Enforcer kit either from what I've heard. I just don't have any experience with it personally.
I don't really know many members around here at all and none in SJ or local shops for that matter. But I'd suggest coming here and asking questions if you get hung up. There's a lot of knowledge on this forum and guys that are more than willing to help. I doubt you'll have any issues doing the install yourself.

gmb425

Just finished reading your build. Thanks for putting so much time recording your progress. It helps people let me. Your jeep is VERY nice. Awesome build.

Vanv39

Great build! I just got done going through all of the pages. My first choice was the Anvil color, but by the time I was ready to buy one the new Rhino color had replaced anvil.

Brute

Hooked
You bring up a great point in reference to starting fires with a hot exhaust...we generally carry extinguishers to put out engine/electrical fires on the rig...not to put out grass fires, which could potentially expand very rapidly into something very serious. I always stress to anyone we wheel with to stay on the trail...I see guys occasionally move off the trail to let rigs pass from the other direction...a big no no if there is dry tall grass on the side. I was watching some rally racing on tv the other day, and a car spun out off the track into the trees an grass...the exhaust caught the grass on fire, and within minutes the car burned down to the frame, and a big wildfire ensued...this took place in either Spain or Portugal...

Stay on the trail!

GraniteCrystal

You bring up a great point in reference to starting fires with a hot exhaust...we generally carry extinguishers to put out engine/electrical fires on the rig...not to put out grass fires, which could potentially expand very rapidly into something very serious. I always stress to anyone we wheel with to stay on the trail...I see guys occasionally move off the trail to let rigs pass from the other direction...a big no no if there is dry tall grass on the side. I was watching some rally racing on tv the other day, and a car spun out off the track into the trees an grass...the exhaust caught the grass on fire, and within minutes the car burned down to the frame, and a big wildfire ensued...this took place in either Spain or Portugal...

Stay on the trail!

Is it this?

https://youtu.be/EjxikA6eha0

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Great build! I just got done going through all of the pages. My first choice was the Anvil color, but by the time I was ready to buy one the new Rhino color had replaced anvil.

Thanks. It was between the Anvil and Tank. Ultimately the wife decided she liked Anvil better. I think she made the right choice.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

Stay on the trail!

Yea it was an eye opener for me as well. At least I feel a little better with a larger extinguisher. But like you, we always stick to the trails and choose wisely where to pull off.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Well with the new baby my time and money are limited. But Santa did put some Drake hood latches in my stocking. So today I installed those while enjoying a nice draft Lagunitas.
IMG_0289.jpg

Brute

Hooked

I've watched this clip several times now...and I think it was the 1st car that goes off the road...it was totally roasted (you can see it on the left later)...this clip was obviously edited, but when I watched the race, it showed the 1st car that hit the corner, go off the road & catch fire...the driver just got out in time...and I always wonder why spectators crowd the side of the road waiting to get drilled by a car coming off the track...

GraniteCrystal

I've watched this clip several times now...and I think it was the 1st car that goes off the road...it was totally roasted (you can see it on the left later)...this clip was obviously edited, but when I watched the race, it showed the 1st car that hit the corner, go off the road & catch fire...the driver just got out in time...and I always wonder why spectators crowd the side of the road waiting to get drilled by a car coming off the track...

Yeah, I've wondered the same thing about the pikes peak race. Bunch of dudes with cameras standing on the corner right where it tends to go off the track. Crazy.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

Top Bottom