LoD Destroyer Sliders

Texas_Jester

These look awesome, have to have steps for the wife, but I want sliders................looks like we have a compromise coming soon!

luckyrugger

I like they will provide some good protection to the side of the Jeep (door hinges), a good step for everyone including kids, protect the rockers from shoes/boots hitting them, good job concealing the pinch seam and functions as a slider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shepherd

I just picked up my 2017 Wrangler unlimited a few weeks ago and this will be my first real upgrade for it. :thumb:

I emailed LOD sales and they said it should be available in a couple of weeks.
It's between this or Metal Cloak flip step, I was uneasy about the MC Flip step only bolting to the pinch seams so this is definitely #1 on my list if It actually is available soon.

Irish_HFD

So any word on pricing yet??

Are they mounting to the body mounts or bolted up against the frame?

Looks like body mounts as well as pinch seam mounting. The instructions are posted on their website. I'm still looking forward to pricing and availability too....

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I'm interested in these but I wonder if they are compatible with my EVO long arm lift? I also like the look of the EVO sliders but I'm not that crazy about needing to weld them or getting them powder coated locally.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

I'm interested in these but I wonder if they are compatible with my EVO long arm lift? I also like the look of the EVO sliders but I'm not that crazy about needing to weld them or getting them powder coated locally.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
The fact that the EVO ones weld on make them much stronger than ones that bolt on. If you don't want the powdercoat, just spray paint them (that's what did).

Jmjnewbold

The video was pretty cool. I do have a couple questions.

1. Will you guys make a 2-door version?

2. I am definitely not a professional when it comes to rock crawling or hard off-roading, but with that in mind is using a hi-jack and lifting the Jeep with forklifts efficient testing for durability? I would think the impact from tagging a rock or using it as a pivot around a tree would be more abrupt and forceful that the testing that was shown.

At some point in the future we will make a set for the 2 door Wrangler. The excerpts you mention are only a part of the testing we did. I am not in the engineering department so I cannot give total verification on the second point, but I can add that usually when off-roading there will be very few times, if any, that people bottom out/fall on just the rock rails alone. Also, these are not claimed to be the absolute strongest sliders out there (they are BOLT-ON, not frame weld-on after all) but they are very sturdy for how easily and quickly they mount.

You're more than welcome to bring some examples of bolt-on, no drilling, easy-to-install rock sliders that don't involve tubing and can handle the whole weight of the vehicle they are on ;)

The video was pretty cool. I do have a couple questions.

1. Will you guys make a 2-door version?

2. I am definitely not a professional when it comes to rock crawling or hard off-roading, but with that in mind is using a hi-jack and lifting the Jeep with forklifts efficient testing for durability? I would think the impact from tagging a rock or using it as a pivot around a tree would be more abrupt and forceful that the testing that was shown.

Last edited:

Fjen

I got mine and installed!
The directions mention putting some rubber strips between the tabs and pinch seams where the small bolts go. It wasn't in the kit or parts list in the back of the instructions so we wondered if that was deemed unnecessary. But, without it there was a lot of squeaking where the metal from the tabs on the sliders rubbed the pinch seams so we loosened the bolts up and put some rubber weather stripping in there and all is good now!

Attachments

• 0908171802.jpg
    0908171802.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 0909171627_HDR.jpg
    0909171627_HDR.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 300
  • 0908171803.jpg
    0908171803.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 321

jorgelrod

Hooked
i got mine and installed!
The directions mention putting some rubber strips between the tabs and pinch seams where the small bolts go. It wasn't in the kit or parts list in the back of the instructions so we wondered if that was deemed unnecessary. But, without it there was a lot of squeaking where the metal from the tabs on the sliders rubbed the pinch seams so we loosened the bolts up and put some rubber weather stripping in there and all is good now!

nice!!!!!!!

icufltrn

Those look nice! Nice compromise for the wife and I. My rock hards with the turned down tubing are really starting to get wavy from frequent contact with rocks. I may give these a shot.

Usually that damage comes from the slider "floating" back and forth between its intended position and the position it assumes when pressure is applied to it, and the mounts begin to flex. We designed our sliders with multiple contact points that eliminate that movement and keep them firmly in place :brows:

When I look a sliders that's what I immediately look for also, have seen any that mount like this really hold up without causing some rocker damage.

Top Bottom