What was done to your rig this week?

Shorty Seat Jackers from Desert Does It. Holy cow. Cannot exaggerate what an instant improvement these things make to the leg support and seat comfort.

Cool. I cut some little aluminum blocks and did something similar on the bench seat in the back of my JK.

Definitely nice to not be sitting at a 90 degree angle, haha.

dchew

Why the hate? Too many parts?
These are perhaps the only true DOT legal beadlock wheels since they were certified by the federal government for street use.
I’m kidding. Putting them together is no big deal but taking 5-year old tires off of them is work. After doing wrong several previous times, I know what to expect and most of the tricks. Once the nuts are off, dead blow the crap out of the backside to loosen the two halves. Soap the shit out of them while prying the bead up as you walk around the tire. Two people make it waaay easier. And, spring for the Snap-On pry bars. Their pry end just happens to be shaped perfectly for digging in and separating the bead. Silicone grease is your friend for the o-rings.
Took an hour per tire start to finish including balancing, which for me is a record. Oh and we had to do it six times because I accidentally put the old tire back on one of them! “Stupid is as Stupid does.”

Top Bottom